What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

v the Panthers

Meth

Staff member
The one game I got to this season prior to the Roosters match was the Panthers match earlier in the season when we got toweled. It would be great to win this one.

As far as I can tell, Rapira, Seymour and Tate are not due back till Melbourne.

If so, maybe we go in unchanged?

Iafeta

Referee
J'Ro was never really tested by top line kicking yesterday. That won't be the case against Penrith. If Hohaia's available, I'd put him back to fullback. My reasoning is he might not be able to pull that kind of attacking game as Ropati did, but instinctively he positions himself quite well on short kicks and defuses a good number of bombs and that could be crucial against Luke Walsh.

Meth

Staff member
J'Ro was never really tested by top line kicking yesterday. That won't be the case against Penrith. If Hohaia's available, I'd put him back to fullback. My reasoning is he might not be able to pull that kind of attacking game as Ropati did, but instinctively he positions himself quite well on short kicks and defuses a good number of bombs and that could be crucial against Luke Walsh.

Yeah I actually agree with you- providing Hohaia is available. I haven't heard anything about the severity of his injury yet.

Martli

Coach
When is locke due back? He'd be a good option if Hohaia is still unavailable.

Rich102

Staff member
Ropati had a good game yesterday - however it would be a huge leap of faith to see him as a top string fullback.
The Eels had little penetration and a very poor kicking game. On their only break down Inu's wing JRO was nowhere.
JRo hit the ball up far harder than Hoho - he is built far more solidly.

I would be in favour of picking JRo at fullback against the Panters- just to see how he goes. However, if Hoho is fit, I am sure he will be there.

Meth

Staff member
When is locke due back? He'd be a good option if Hohaia is still unavailable.

Was supposedly set to just miss the one week- he only sustained deep bruising. But I wouldn't be surprised if he missed another one

Rovelli

Bench
If it's a sunny day in Penrith, they will want to cut us on the edges. If not, they will attack us from bombs. We'll have to be very disciplined.

Nice to see us getting a Channel 9 game in Australia - I sure as hell hope we don't flop like we did against the Wests Tigers.

Martli

Coach
Well, my fullback pecking order is 1. Hohaia, 2. Locke 3. Ropati. Use Ropati only in the absense of a viable alternative. Even then, we've still got Paddy Ah Van who can cover fullback.

Meth

Staff member
I'd go

1- Locke/Ropati
2- Tupou
3- Moon
4- Ropati/Brown
5- Vatuvei
6- Maloney
7- John
8- Royal
9- Heremaia
10- Royal
11- Mannering
12- Ta'ai
13- Luck

Res- Henderson, Latimore, Matulino, Brown/Lousi

tkr

Juniors
I'd go

1- Locke/Ropati
2- Tupou
3- Moon
4- Ropati/Brown
5- Vatuvei
6- Maloney
7- John
8- Royal
9- Heremaia
10- Royal
11- Mannering
12- Ta'ai
13- Luck

No complaints with that pick Meth.
I think Heremaia is a bit of a dark horse who is going to improve no end. He doesn't seem to do anything flash but when you watch the replays he is actually really busy.

Rich102

Staff member
I'd go

1- Locke/Ropati
2- Tupou
3- Moon
4- Ropati/Brown
5- Vatuvei
6- Maloney
7- John
8- Royal
9- Heremaia
10- Royal
11- Mannering
12- Ta'ai
13- Luck

You obviously rate Royal very highly ;-)

Latest posts