What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vainikolo and Deacon out of WCC ?

JasonE

Bench
I heard both players look like being out injured, big losses for the Bulls if that is the case although should mean a start for Karl Pryce which will be interesting, not sure who would play half though maybe Stanley Gene ? he is rubbish.

Bullseye

Juniors
I hope they both play.

Karl Pryce will not be a half back as long as I have a hole in my ar5e. He's centre/winger only.

If Deacon is out I expect Gene or Pryce to figure, would rather see Harris and Brooks at halfback though.

MrCharisma

Bench
jed said:
Not as yet Mr C, not much longer I hope.

God damn it, even give us a 19 man squad or something...

I can't wait to see Stu Fielden rip apart the Tigers defence. I wanna see him run at Prince and Hodgeson :D

jed

First Grade
just sad he won't have a chance to stomp all over benji the wonderdog.

damo72

Juniors
This is from www.superleague.co.uk and maybe Gene might be out aswell

Coach Brian Noble admits that Deacon’s injury, sustained during the club’s warm-weather training camp in Lanzarote, is taking longer than expected to heal and rates the Great Britain international as a 50-50 prospect.

Winger Lesley Vainikolo, who has missed the club’s pre-season friendlies after undergoing close-season knee surgery, has been passed fit but the Bulls also have doubts over centre or second rower Chris McKenna (hamstring), who was in the Leeds side that beat Canterbury Bulldogs in last year’s Challenge, and utility player Stanley Gene (knee).

“We’ve got a few 50-50s,” said Noble, who will finalise his team on Thursday.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Bullseye said:
Karl Pryce will not be a half back as long as I have a hole in my ar5e. He's centre/winger only.

Since when did they play Karl at halfback?

Sad for you Poms, the Tigers will tear Bradford apart. Too much class and youthful enthusiasm from the Tigpies to lose to a Bradford outfit with an average age of 29.

Youth isn't always a plus point in a team , experience from the so called "older" guys we have got will hopefully be a plus point for us . Its ok if the youth players have experience in finals but if they dont they might make mistakes being nevous seen as it is a big game .
As for the tigers ripping us poms appart i find that a over reaction , i think it will be a good and close game .

bartman

Immortal
The Bradford injury toll should even up the advantages of the challenge a bit. Will be interesting to see the final line-ups, and I agree it should be a close one.

Davester

Juniors
I hear from Bradford supporters on the english RL forums that Vainikolo should play...but is yet to train properly....

Can someone out there clear this up simply if he IS or ISN'T going to play?

I guess the newspapers don't help either...

Once Dead

Bench
Tactics? LOL, just a lameo mind game that Sheens would NOT have fallen for.....'game tactics' like that worked when the game was semi-professional, but don't cut it any longer...

jed

First Grade
What's the tricks? Both players were shaking off injuries over the off-season, why shouldn't they be allowed to play in such a big game as this?

As it turns out, Les has taken the field, and thank goodness he's back, his form in the first half has been one of the best out there. Deacs hasn't gotten out there, but I agree with not risking him if he's not right.

So where's the trick? This doesn't just happen in the ESL, it's a common occurance in the NRL too, naming players that will likely take to the field.