What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vale John Sattler

Gareth67

First Grade
One of the greatest Rabbitohs of all , John Sattler has passed on at 80 years of age . Tough and as hard as they come Satts was the cement in the South’s
forward pack of the 60’s and 70’s . Always a thorn in the teams of those years , perhaps more so Manly ( I don’t know why ? ) he will be remembered as one of the Cardinal and Myrtle’s best - rest easy Satts .9EF31EF9-2B63-40D4-BE3A-F1B87CF71C2B.jpeg

Last edited:

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Satts lived next door to a friend of mine when I was a kid. That was in Rockdale, and my puny 9 year old brain could not comprehend why he played for South Sydney and not St George. He always had a wave and a smile for us kids and would happily sign autographs. Great player and a good man.

Drakon

Juniors
Satts lived next door to a friend of mine when I was a kid. That was in Rockdale, and my puny 9 year old brain could not comprehend why he played for South Sydney and not St George. He always had a wave and a smile for us kids and would happily sign autographs. Great player and a good man.
I too lived in Rockdale in the 60's growing up. Didn't know Satts lived there too!

Great rivalry with the Dragons teams of the era. Have always admired Satts. R.I.P. and thank you for the great memories!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I had the pleasure of talking to Satts on many occassions in his hey day....he was a rep back then (yes players actually had jobs back then) and used to come and sit in our small storeroom in the workshop at Taren Point and chat to anyone that would make an excuse (including me) to happen to be looking for truck parts for our fleet when he was there....he was the most softly spoken and friendly person I think I ever had the pleasure to meet.....a great warrior on the field and a bloody gentleman off it.....
RIP Satts you will be sadly missed but never forgotten

Latest posts