What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine can he do it

chewsta

First Grade
What's the bet we win it a year when we fall arse backwards into it.

maybe this year Carch, I don't know why but everything seems to keep falling into place for us (so far anyway) key opposition players get injured the week before playing us, Key players get rested, other results going in our favour, very few injuries. and on top of that we are playing well. Things are falling into place for us this year.

We are getting the rub of the green.

^^^ There it is, the kiss of death!

shadowboxer

First Grade
nah that's when you get dragged on your ass when your feet get tangled in the saddle on a horse and it bolts. That's how we will be after Saturday, cant wait

maybe this year Carch, I don't know why but everything seems to keep falling into place for us (so far anyway) key opposition players get injured the week before playing us, Key players get rested, other results going in our favour, very few injuries. and on top of that we are playing well. Things are falling into place for us this year.

^^^ There it is, the kiss of death!

The other thing is that this is a f**ken shit comp. There is no real standout team. Yeah the Broncos are well on top but are they anywhere near as good as Souths last year or the gun Melbourne sides of the past? No way. Our squad of exciting rookies mixed with experienced hard heads and semi competent halves can genuinely match it with these teams.

Realistically the Roosters should be miles in front, but for whatever reason they aren't.

As good a chance to step up this year as any. We only need six good weeks at the right time.

The other thing is that this is a f**ken shit comp. There is no real standout team. Yeah the Broncos are well on top but are they anywhere near as good as Souths last year or the gun Melbourne sides of the past? No way. Our squad of exciting rookies mixed with experienced hard heads and semi competent halves can genuinely match it with these teams.

Realistically the Roosters should be miles in front, but for whatever reason they aren't.

As good a chance to step up this year as any. We only need six good weeks at the right time.

pretty much

no one is good.
Souths are inconsistent. Broncos..untested, in reality.
Cowboys ;et you get to a lead and storm home. wont work in the playoffs

The Roosters lost to us twice.
The Dogs are shit

The Storm are just not the same side.

Sharks. we are a tough dumb football side. to quote our captain.
type of gameplan that goes well in September.

but then.
Looming. at the bottom of the pack. with rep halves and elite backs.
a winning club.
soaring up the ladder week by week.

HMMMM

Card Shark

Immortal
He really should be on 13 tries as that one he was gifted by the refs at Jubilee was a crock.....

14 actually, he was robbed of 1 earlier in the year in similar circumstances.

Get over it, you can still make the 8 if you are good enough.

Card Shark

Immortal
I wouldn't like him to pass Peach just yet to be honest, however we need the points he provides in the upcoming games.

From nrl.com

After securing a brace of tries in Cronulla's 40-18 win over the Wests Tigers on Saturday, winger Valentine Holmes has now set his sights on becoming the most-prolific try-scoring Shark in a season.

Having scored his 15th and 16th tries of the season, Holmes is now three short of David Peachey's 1999 record when the former NSW Origin representative scored 19 tries.

Holmes has at least three games to come up with a further four tries to break the record with Cronulla now guaranteed a place in the Telstra Premiership finals series.

"I wouldn't mind beating it or even drawing with it. He was one of the legends of the club and to get up there would mean a lot," Holmes told NRL.com.

"It's pretty exciting. I didn't realise the record was 19. I thought by far he would've had more in a season or someone like Andrew Ettingshausen would've been up there. But if I get there, I'd be pretty happy about it."

One of the game's quickest players, the majority of Holmes's tries are a by-product of his speed. It's the key factor of his performances that he puts down to his work with Sharks' Physical Performance Manager Andrew Gray.

"He is very good with his techniques and running plans which plays a big difference," Holmes said.

"He seems to think I've gained [speed] throughout the year and hopefully I can keep working on that."

Holmes said he had been blown away by the Sharks' transformation since his NRL debut back in Round 21 last year.

Considering it took Holmes nine games (including his first three of this season) to earn his first victory in the NRL you can't blame him for being impressed by the team's achievements this season.

"Coming off last year and to come last it'll mean everything to the team to finish in the top four [this year]. The boys have really stuck in at training since day one," Holmes said.

"It's been tough and the boys have been training really hard to turn around our last season into what we have now.

"We think we have secured a spot somewhere in the finals but we want to try and push for the top four now.

"We have pretty just flipped the coin haven't we really? So hopefully we can keep that going for the finals."

Card Shark

Immortal
He owes a lot of his opportunites to Beale.

Generally he still has plenty of work to do to make the line though.

They have a very good combination - Holmes is learning a lot from him it would seem.

carcharias

Immortal
So what happens to bird next season?
Beale
Leutele
Val
Feki
Chad
Maloney
Gagan
Bird
Something doesn't add up.