What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vatuvei No Try

Which tries would you have given?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thuganomics

Coach
I accidently voted for Both when i actually only thought the second one was a try.

British commentators are idiots.

Iafeta

Referee
First one was a deadset no try - I was astonished at the commentary, I'm assuming they didn't see the angle that clearly showed the knock on.

Second one - well, someone was taking pity on Carney for that one, that was a pretty much fair try IMO. No angle showed him out, if anything it more or less showed him in, and he had his fingers on the ball putting it down. Tough call.

Special K

Coach
c_eagle said:
How the hell can anyone say the first try should have been given? It was as clear as knock ons get. I'd have given the second try but I can see why he didn't.
word to your mother.

LeagueNut

First Grade
After watching it on the replay, the first-half effort was definitely a no-try. Maybe it was my sleepy eyes playing tricks on me earlier today ... :sleeper:

And the second try was a 50/50 call, still unlucky not to be awarded.

hutch

First Grade
they were both clear knock ons. even i could see that in my drunken haze at 4 in the morning. watching the replay today confirmed this. it is a non issue really.

Jeffles

Bench
hutch said:
they were both clear knock ons. even i could see that in my drunken haze at 4 in the morning. watching the replay today confirmed this. it is a non issue really.

I agree - all this does is provide another example of how bad Stevo is at commentating.

ozbash

Referee
I agree - all this does is provide another example of how bad Stevo is at commentating.

turn the sound off or do you still need to be told whats going on ?

nqboy

First Grade
Iafeta said:
First one was a deadset no try - I was astonished at the commentary, I'm assuming they didn't see the angle that clearly showed the knock on.
Six times?

skeepe

Immortal
They were saying that the video referee was only checking the offside. Given that, perhaps they were watching different angles to those being broadcast on television? Just a thought.

I thought both decisions were spot on.