What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VB ads

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ive noticed lately that they havent used the old ad for it, even though it was only a couple of years they promised to continue using that guys voice even though he's been dead for a while.

You know what I'm talking about "Matter a fact, Ive got one know". "You can get it any old how, a long hard thirst needs a big cold beer and the best cold beer is VIC, VICTORIA BITTER. (Correct if its not fully right)

What was that blokes name who is still famous for doing those ads, and why dont they use them now? It still sounds good.

SirShire

First Grade
Those ads were tops. Though, it would take alot to top the current Tooheys New ad :lol: :lol:

Glen

Bench
The VB ad with the kebabs is kind of funny, or at least it was the first few times

the new ads are great
i heard they were going to go metro, which would be a disgrace, as metrosexuals are a disgrace, but thankfully they havent :D

jed

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
What was that blokes name who is still famous for doing those ads, and why dont they use them now? It still sounds good.
John Mellion did the voiceovers, I'm not sure why they aren't still using them though. It's probably to do with the fact that the same voiceovers have been used the last 20+ years.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Knights_fan13 said:
Yeah I thought I hadn't seen a VB ad for a while VB use to be a nice beer now it tastes like crap :D

How can a beer taste change?

It's either cats piss or cats piss with water.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Knights_fan13 said:
Yeah they changed the receipe and now it tastes like camel wee wee :D

I'd hate to think what it tasted like beforehand then.. :shock:

What could be worse than camel wee..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The new adds are probably different baceuse John Mellion passed away a few years ago

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Nah I'm pretty sure they kept them going after he died, then they introduced the NRL and cricket ones, you know the ones with the group of guys sitting on the couch. They were classics, they should bring those back.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I like 'em
Cause between saying see ya later and before the mrs' I always find a kebab!!!