What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vehicle project/restoration

woodyk2

First Grade
I'm currently rebuilding from the ground up a 1978 Ford F100. 351 Cleveland and a walk through cab.Anybody else restored or currently restoring any vehicles(could be boats,bikes etc)? Tips of the trade? Contacts?
I'm looking at doing as much as possible in house including paint,engine rebuild/freshen up and interior upholstery etc.
Keen to hear your thoughts and ideas...cheers.:)

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
My Father restored a '37 Chev flatbed truck.

He found this place very handy for the seals and whatnot:

Old Auto Rubber Company
4/4 Appin Place
PO Box 328, St. Mary's NSW 1790
Dunheved B/sw 2660, Sydney,
Australia
61 (2) 9623-5333
fax: 61 (2) 9833-1041

woodyk2

First Grade
Nice choice of truck Woody, i'm into 53-56 F100 just too damn expencive.
Yeah over here they are...theres been a few projects around those years for sale recently. Heaps you can do to the 53 etc.I looked at a 53 for 2 grand but it was just too far gone.

IFR33K

Coach
I'm currently rebuilding from the ground up a 1978 Ford F100. 351 Cleveland and a walk through cab.Anybody else restored or currently restoring any vehicles(could be boats,bikes etc)? Tips of the trade? Contacts?
I'm looking at doing as much as possible in house including paint,engine rebuild/freshen up and interior upholstery etc.
Keen to hear your thoughts and ideas...cheers.:)

I got a cousin rebuilding the same kind of truck. U after any parts in particular??

I've almost finished a hq gts Monaro coupe. Hopefully be on the road around April.

woodyk2

First Grade
I got a cousin rebuilding the same kind of truck. U after any parts in particular??

I've almost finished a hq gts Monaro coupe. Hopefully be on the road around April.
Most parts are coming from the states at this stage. With the dollar the way it is it's soooo much cheaper.What year is the coupe?

IFR33K

Coach
Most parts are coming from the states at this stage. With the dollar the way it is it's soooo much cheaper.What year is the coupe?

I've actually got two. 71 and 72. One is a LS in original nick, 308 auto.

My gts is painted custom orange, 355, efi heads, dual plane manifold, tricked up turbo 350 box and new moser nine inch, sitting on Simmons. That was my child hood dream 15-20 years age. Can't wait to drive the bastard.

woodyk2

First Grade
Brakes rebuilt,diff as well. It's great having a comprehensive workshop manual.