What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video referee against the Cowboys

Newtowneel

Juniors
On Grandstand Luke Patten says he has to keep the cowboys fans happy. Hmmmm. I hope he keeps the eels fans happy too.

TheParraboy

Staff member
You know what id like to see? Them scoring a try on the 7th tackle, also another try with a blatant obstruction. However we still end up winning the game

Id also like them to shove a microphone up Thurstons mouth right after the game for a comment.

The video ref calls it as he sees it. But the on filed refs get swayed by the crowd. I have no problem with this. It works to our advantage too when we aren't taking games away from Parra.

fair enough if the home team gets the 50/50 calls but if they are obviously breaking the rules penalise them

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Pattern is dead set cross eyed I'm very worried . What did it for me was last year round 1 or there abouts if I'm correct I was watching a dogs vs someone game and on the 80 minute mark the dogs scored a blatant no try only to hear the commentators say ,

" and we'll go to the video ref Luke Pattern "

you can guess the rest of course . Seriously how can he officiate Canterbury games ? It's like Hindy or Burt refereeing an Eels game .

SDM

First Grade
Knowing those 2 muppets they could probably still cost us the game by pressing the wrong button.

SDM

First Grade
Some dud who made a career of hanging out with footy players and picking up free chips

emjaycee

Coach
On Grandstand Luke Patten says he has to keep the cowboys fans happy. Hmmmm. I hope he keeps the eels fans happy too.

A comment such as this from a match official in the media before the game is played should have Greenberg giving Patten a week off. Seriously, this would indicate a premeditated view by a match official on how he is going to approach his role on Saturday and that is a no no I believe.

What happens if we lose on Saturday to a decision by Patten in the video ref's box that is controversial and he gives it in favour of the Cowboys "to keep their fans happy"?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Good point MJC.

He should be immediately stood down. Ridiculous that he can come out and say that, and if the Cowboys get the benefit of any call, the Eels could rightly accuse him of cheating.

mickdo

Coach
A comment such as this from a match official in the media before the game is played should have Greenberg giving Patten a week off. Seriously, this would indicate a premeditated view by a match official on how he is going to approach his role on Saturday and that is a no no I believe.

Was just about to post the same thing. Seward should be immediately on to this and demanding answers from Greenberg asap! What a total joke of a game.

just for saying that he should be dropped from the game, it shows a baised.
I have a problem with Ex-players as video refs, most players never knew the rules when they played.