What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Referee "tip-offs" -- why they damage the ga

Doctor

Bench
Knight76 said:
Intent means they have decided to do it prior to the game. Not heat of the moment as you described.

Sorry, but this is incorrect and once again you continue to put words into my mouth, or at the very least manipulate what I'm saying.

Please note: I'm not saying he went into the game with the intention of penalising the Knights heavily. I'm saying that once out there, having been highly peeved during the course of the game by the Knights' defenders, he allowed his frustration to cloud his judgement.

The word "intent" is used here to encapsulate the frustration he is obviously feeling. It no longer remains a case of individual incidents, but instead the build up of a referee's frustration to the point where he goes out of his way to penalise the Knights for even the smallest infringements (or non-existent infringements).

I'll re-phrase, just to ensure you're not going to twist my words again Knight76 :roll: :

He did not enter the game intending to favour the Cowboys.
He did not referee the game intending to favour the Cowboys.
But either consciously, or sub-consciously, there was a point where he allowed the build up of his frustration or the game's intensity to cloud his judgement. Instead of allowing the game to flow, he continued to penalise the Knights for the most harmless of things. Normal tackles became examples of flops and/or anything else he chose to use.

Intent: "The state of one's mind at the time one carries out an action" &/or
"Having the mind and will focused on a specific purpose."

antonius

Coach
Knight76 said:
Antonius: Refs are human with human feelings and emotions. If a player is at the refs throat all game or aggrevating the ref with remarks all game then he will attract penalties. Its upto the player NOT to become a menace and therefore hurt his team. Im not saying hoppa deserved his flop penalty.
Exactly, and that is what Oswin is saying, The ref gets caught up in the heat of the moment ( just like Archer did with Hoppa) even though he didn't intend to. That is what happened on Sat night, he reffed one team.. us.

Knight76

Juniors
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think if a team is constantly infringing on the ten metres or the rucks or whatever the ref is more likely to watch them as they have been " doing it all day " and will peanlise more readily to prove their point.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Yes, but there is no need to penalise one team and not the other.
The man in middle is supose to be unbias.