What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vikings

God-King Dean

Immortal
Never got past the first B-grade slow-mo fight scene. If a show dishes up B-grade in the first episode it's not going to get better.

lol you mustn't have seen very many series though

The first ones are almost always a bit shitty

duck

Juniors
This show is now officially crap.

Storyline and acting have turned to shit. What was once a dark and brooding show now has a Home and Away look about it.

We switched off before the finish.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Still loving this.

I did prefer the first two series though. Whether it was the character set up (lots of minor characters e.g one-eye, torsten, the old viking, the sacrificed viking etc) that appealed, never knowing who would live through the episode and who would die.

Athelstan was also my favourite character

Will be interesting to see the direction they take this next season

Tommy Smith

Referee
The first 2 seasons were awesome. Nothing will ever top that.

But I think the 2nd half of season 4 has been great. Much stronger than the 1st half.

Ivar is a great character and the acting is fine imo.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I've avoided this thread for a while since I'm way behind (still watching early eps of season 4A)

But I had to pop in and say that siege of Paris was pretty epic. Over a couple of episodes and yet it was conquered so easily in the end.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Still into it, despite Ragnar's death

My only issue is how they talk.

How... they always talk.... like this. In broken.... sentences.... while doing.... an accent....

Just f**king speak, just because you are putting on an accent doesn't mean you always.... have to pause.... while tal..... king.

Caught up on a few episodes on the plane.

It's still pretty great.

And by great Odin's beard, Queen Lagoetha seriously brines my rollmops. When you add another smoking hot shield-maiden in Astrid, well that's enough to send anyone berserk.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I f**ken love this show, however after the 4th season I've been having Ragnar withdrawals.

The show is a shadow of itself since his departure

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I liked the end of season 4 post Ragnar. Enjoyed watching the Great Army storm England and Ivar's rise. Season 5 has been ok but definitely the weakest.
Just think they've undone a lot of the good work they did with Ivar. The first viking battle has him being outsmarted and in the second he's handed a lifeline by the French. I'm not overly familiar with the history so It may have been done for accuracy but would liked to have seen Ivar win that second battle with good tactics.

The bloke who plays the “warrior-bishop”, is a bit of a shit actor.

All of them seemed to be overacting in this season return but the Bishop was especially shit.

Starting to get into “Home and Away with Fjörds and Swords” territory now.

The bishop’s acting is terrible. All of his dialogue is a raspy, OTT, whispered line.

Most of Ivor the Boneless’ scenes end with a sinister, smouldering look off into the distance. Just cheesey.

Unfortunately, I think it’s jumped the shield-wall.