What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virtual League Gambling

Azkatro

First Grade
Here's the deal, each week someone posts the TAB Sportsbet odds. We all start with a hundred virtual bucks and have a crack if we want. All bets are shown in here so we can see how everybody's going, and we all go off the betting amounts listed in here.

First of all:
NRL Round 2 Betting
Courtesy Tab Sportsbet

BUL 1.60 WES 2.20
PAR 1.50 NZW 2.45
CRO 1.70 BRI 2.05
NQL 1.36 MAN 2.90
SYD 1.40 MEL 2.75
NEW 1.65 CAN 2.15
STG 1.33 PEN 3.10

Secondly, this is my first go so I've got $100. I'm going to try my hand with the following bets:

$20 on Brisbane
$10 on Melbourne
$10 on Penrith

I reckon if anyone runs out of money they have to start again at $20 and work their way back, so that way nobody just throws $100 each week at the longest odds to get ahead.

Place your bets!

Nickeel

Juniors
Azkatro said:
NRL Round 2 Betting
Courtesy Tab Sportsbet

BUL 1.60 WES 2.20
PAR 1.50 NZW 2.45
CRO 1.70 BRI 2.05
NQL 1.36 MAN 2.90
SYD 1.40 MEL 2.75
NEW 1.65 CAN 2.15
STG 1.33 PEN 3.10

Cool thread Az.

I'm going all out:

$60 on Parramatta
$40 on Penrith (think I will make a fair bit here).

What is everyone else liking? Are we just going to stick to head to head betting, or also have a go at margins, points start etc.?

Nick

juggalo_strit

Juniors
Sounds good.
Will there be a prize at the end of the season for the winner.....

Virtual account opening balance:$100

Sharks
Cowboys
Storm
Canberra

Multi - $25 @ 13.67

Virtual account closing balance: $75

laurie

Juniors
il have a crack

accumalator for $50
Bulldogs 1.60
Parra 1.50
N QLD 1.36
Roosters 1.40
odds 4.56
divendend $228.48

Macca_

Coach
Maybe make some kind of rule for when people go into debt.... ie a percentage of any winniings gets taken out for x amount of weeks or have some kind of interest etc...

B-dos

Referee
I reeckon if someone has no cash left. they can get another $20 but once they win something, this $20 has to be paid back. Just like any other loan.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
B-dos said:
I reeckon if someone has no cash left. they can get another $20 but once they win something, this $20 has to be paid back. Just like any other loan.

This will probably work the best.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
Sir Knight82 said:
I trust someone is officially keeping score and are players responsible for getting their own odds?

What are we going to do with odds. I advise to have the odds kept at what they come out at. So the odds don't change. Or should we have the odds updated when the TAB do so it'll be more realistic.

I've just checked and everyone who has placed a bet so far with a multi is at the correct price (except for me haha).

Freak2

Juniors
Opening Balance = $100.00

$33.00 Multi:

West Tigers $2.20
Nth Qld $1.36
Total collect: $98.74

Closing Balance: $67.00

juggalo_strit

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
i trust we are all given "$100" each week.

I think we all get $100 to start and thats it. If you run out of money you borrow back off the virtual bank and will have to pay off all debts once you get back into the green.

Mr Saab

Referee
hmmm...good luck to the online "accountant" who is keeping up with all these bets and transactions.

juggalo_strit said:
What are we going to do with odds. I advise to have the odds kept at what they come out at. So the odds don't change. Or should we have the odds updated when the TAB do so it'll be more realistic.

I've just checked and everyone who has placed a bet so far with a multi is at the correct price (except for me haha).

Somebody needs to post the new odds each week, head to head only, and they are the odds that are used regardless of fluctuating prices.