What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virtual NRL Comp

El Duque

Bench
I've set up a comp at http://virtualnrl.creatop.com.au/home.cfm?TopMenuID=0&MenuID=0&tAction=Home

If you wish to enter click here

You'll have to register to join

You will need the following information to enter a team:
Competition ID: 539
Password: 2003

It's a bidding war comp and these are the rules

League: The Duke Premiership
Salary Cap: $4000000
Teams: 14
Rounds: 26
League Type: Championship Full season maximum 26 round competition with no finals. Whoever tops the table at the end of the season wins the title!
Recruitment: Bidding War For the first 48 hours, teams enter bids for how much they want to pay for certain players. At the end of that 48 hour period, teams gain the players they outbid their opponents for and everyone can recruit the rest of their squads.
Pts per win: 3
Pts per draw: 1
Pts per loss: 0

A

ali

I am in as manager of Russell Aitken's Barmy Army.

I was all set to go in the Sharks Den private comps, but both filled up before i got around to entering. Going up against posters from this forum could be quite tough, but I am up for it.

I notice in the players section that Dean Widders is down as a "centre, back-rower". Now I know he's lost a bucket load of weight & is looking all the better for it but fair go, he aint no centre... :D

El Duque

Bench
Nothing like that.

When the comp is full you bid for players and the highet bidder gets that player.

When you have your team it works off the NRL and if the players in your team actually score points that round.

eg: Hazem El Masri is in your team and he scores 10 points then your team has 10 points

So that works like that for all the players in your team each week.

El Duque

Bench
Forwards can also score points somehow without scoring try.

Check the site out and look in help.

That other game was a computer sim, but this works off real people and how they play each week in the NRL comp.

The Perth Broncos are ready to rock.
fetch.dll

El Duque

Bench
When all spots are filled the bidding war starts. It lasts for 48 hours then I'm buggered if I know what happens. I just decided to make it a bidding war cos I thought it might be more realistic.

Bailey

Juniors
After the 48 hours of bidding is up, you can still recruitbut the price tag of the players doubles from what they begin at.

Did anybody happen to catch how many players you buy? I was guessing 17 but never did see a figure there when I looked... although that doesn't mean it isnt written in bold capitals somewhere :D