What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volkman & Allan gone

TheRev

First Grade
The poor kid must be in a fair bit of pain with loose screws in his shoulder.. I think the Warriors were quite clever by not investigating the injury.. they can in good faith say they 'didnt realise'... Volk may well have underplayed it also.

However, i'd only be guessing as to why Volk didnt just keep his existing contract until the new one was registered with the NRL (like literally every other player does).

Who are the idiots in the front office that think it’s a great idea to announce a player as signed, when in fact they haven’t, nor passed a medical?

Flanno must be grinding those big choppers of his, wanting to rip the club marketing team etc a new one!

Who are the idiots in the front office that think it’s a great idea to announce a player as signed, when in fact they haven’t, nor passed a medical?

Flanno must be grinding those big choppers of his, wanting to rip the club marketing team etc a new one!
Wasn't The Flange a part of the announcement???

Would be highly unusual Flange doing anything unconventional or slightly stretching the rules.

Not his go
You mean like -to Volkman "you aren't allowed to train with the team as per NRL stipulations, but I want to to see you train with the team. We'll throw a yellow bib on you"
Lucky he (Volkman) didn't do a new injury, imagine if it was an ACL.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
The poor kid must be in a fair bit of pain with loose screws in his shoulder.. I think the Warriors were quite clever by not investigating the injury.. they can in good faith say they 'didnt realise'... Volk may well have underplayed it also.

However, i'd only be guessing as to why Volk didnt just keep his existing contract until the new one was registered with the NRL (like literally every other player does).
The fault should be with the player's manager however, Haran should have ensured that a contract was not signed until a medical report was received by the Dragons.

I'd say this is an attempt by the Warriors to avoid dealing with this medical problem.

st.phil

Bench

It’s standard practice… he was at training for nearly a week

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
The fault should be with the player's manager however, Haran should have ensured that a contract was not signed until a medical report was received by the Dragons.

I'd say this is an attempt by the Warriors to avoid dealing with this medical problem.
I know you despise Haran, but in this case they had the medical report from the Warriors and it listed sinusitis as the biggest issue. Certainly looks like the Warriors trying to avoid their obligations.

I also suspect Volkman never told his player manager. If the player manager knew of the problem surely he would have advised him to stay with the Warriors.

Basically the manager has failed the player

The medical report should have listed a history of all major injuries

The full medical assessment should have been undertaken prior to the release being signed

The Dragons were entitled to sign the player upon the basis that he completed a medical assessment which was satisfactory to the Dragons.

My wife had undertaken a shoulder reconstruction. The pain in significant. There is no chance Volkman did not know there was a problem.

The Warriors are not morally blameless here either.

Any shoulder “irritation” should have been investigated. They chose not to, most likely deliberately.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Personally i think the Dragons, should help with his rehab, it shouldn't be the players responsibility to pay for it, as a show of good faith and if after that we want to sign him up the following year we can.

Matiunz

Juniors
Wouldn’t it be standard practice to investigate a “Shoulder niggle” a little further, particularly if it’s the same shoulder that recently had major reconstruction surgery. The warriors had a duty of care for Volkman because he was injured on their watch. They’re either very dodgy, or very unprofessional
Dodgy and unprofessional such as a hiring Flanagan with his back ground? Announcing a signing before it’s a done deal (then trying to delete all trace of that), and allowing an injured player to train before they’re contracted?

Latest posts