What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Broncos rd 18

I'll start this early since I'm having a Hiku selection protest and catching a replay.
Plus it's a nice winter's day so need to get out and enjoy it.

This could be a blood bath unless our right side magically has fixed its defense.
No Harris makes that unlikely.
If Hiku is zapped from Denver test rest him.

No Maumalo means our sets won't start with a bang.

Will SJ play in a dinner suit again?

Broncos killed out winning streak last time. Do they rent out finals hopes or just give the journos something to death ride us a about.

Broncos have to have a shocker to lose this one.

Out.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Heading to the pub to watch this one. At least if we are getting pumped I can pretend I went there to have a punt on the ponies

Burns

First Grade
Is the general mood here just lowered expectations? Or is there genuine panic that that the season will end in 8th/9th place?

Outside chance that Warriors will be equal 4th with a win today on points.

Blair

Coach
Is the general mood here just lowered expectations? Or is there genuine panic that that the season will end in 8th/9th place?

We can win today, no doubt about that. Fus is overdue. Johnson ditto.

Last week, and other heavy defeats this year, have put serious doubts in my mind about getting the job done. We can't play as badly as we did last week, when nearly no one showed up, surely?

I'm not looking forward to this game, my first wake up and think "bugger, the Warriors are playing today" vibe I've had all year.

I might do a Phil, take advantage of this lovely, sunny winter's afternoon away from the footy. I don't think there's a cloud in the entire state of NSW today. Metaphorically though, there might be some clouds gathering up in Qld.

Last edited:

Big Marn

Juniors

My expectations have gone down. The start to the season was unexpected but after winning a few in a row you get used to it. Now we are getting down to the serious part of the season and theres every chance we could get run over by the Raiders (with Hodgson back) if we dont pick up a couple of wins.

The injuries have crueled us. Dont think we can underestimate the loss of Afoa and Harris. The depth just isnt there.

Bad ref games tend to even out over the year but the Sharks game was a real gut punch when we looked to have sneaked a handy 2 points for this time of year.

I expect the backline to perform at a NRL level on defence. Hikus D wouldnt get him in the reserve team.
But i dont expect the backline to be scoring loads of points if the forwards arent laying a platform. Which is what each and every game remaining will come down to. Can the forwards lay a platform?

Leber

Bench
Team as selected?

Hiku playing?

One prop on bench?

Will find something else to watch on tv I think.

Burns

First Grade
Todays the day to fire up. The prematch on Fox is running a poll as to whether the 'Warriors are the real deal'. Everyone is writing them off.

I find myself optimistic for today because you have to be? Everything to play for, against a real rival on a Sunday arvo with big 'away' fan support.

Burns

First Grade
Good opening first two sets.

Until a cheap penalty is given to Brisbane, they get first attacking chance.

Blair gives another penalty on first tackle

Burns

First Grade
That play was on, but the pass from Mannering was ordinary and drifted forward. Chance missed there, been on top so far.

Burns

First Grade
Take the two?

Nup, on the attack!

Gavet gets smashed and losses the ball on the line - another cheap error whilst in attack. Need to cut them out asap.