What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Bulldogs Rd 18 2024

Which game is Gee being praised for letting the game flow in? Last year's GF?
Chris Butler for our game is what I meant. This applies to Gee for the GF too, since you brought that up.

Why praise the flow of the game if it means allowing teams to push or break the rules without facing penalties

Meth

Staff member
I thought Chris Butler was excellent on the weekend.

Gee was the issue.

I thought Chris Butler was excellent on the weekend.

Gee was the issue.
For the free flow of the game, Butler was excellent (it's not hard to keep the whistle in your pocket).

However, I did not like it when the Bunker was reviewing the obvious illegal hit on TMM late in the game, which Butler could clearly see as well. The referee should have verbally intervened and questioned the hit. He didn't, so he's just as guilty.

Meth

Staff member
For the free flow of the game, Butler was excellent (it's not hard to keep the whistle in your pocket).

However, I did not like it when the Bunker was reviewing the obvious illegal hit on TMM late in the game, which Butler could clearly see as well. The referee should have verbally intervened and questioned the hit. He didn't, so he's just as guilty.

not sure about that. It comes down to how they organize themselves, I guess. Who is in charge of what. Seems like it is the bunker’s role and they have all the tools that the refs do not to guide their decision. If the bunker clears it, the ref should be able to trust that

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
He chased the charge down with his usual headless chook enthusiasm and then knocked it on. In a way it perfectly encapsulated him as a player.
You could look at it that way.
Or you could see it as he showed great urgency to get to the kick and then chase down the bouncing ball but didn’t get a great bounce and wasn’t able to get a clean take on it. I’m inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

not sure about that. It comes down to how they organize themselves, I guess. Who is in charge of what. Seems like it is the bunker’s role and they have all the tools that the refs do not to guide their decision. If the bunker clears it, the ref should be able to trust that
I thought the main referee overrules any of the officials, such as the touch judges and bunker.

If the main referee can see on the replay foul play, surely, they can mention this to the bunker?

It's also very weird (and convenient) the bunker's audio is not working or switched on when it comes to making these dubious decisions with Warriors games.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
You could look at it that way.
Or you could see it as he showed great urgency to get to the kick and then chase down the bouncing ball but didn’t get a great bounce and wasn’t able to get a clean take on it. I’m inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Benefit of the doubt on what, being a good bloke? I'm just saying he knocked on the loose ball which gave them the chance to win the game, which as a matter of fact he did.

Ford makes more glaring errors sure, but knocking on this 50/50 ball was still an error.

Benefit of the doubt on what, being a good bloke? I'm just saying he knocked on the loose ball which gave them the chance to win the game, which as a matter of fact he did.

Ford makes more glaring errors sure, but knocking on this 50/50 ball was still an error.

Ford tries, and that's what we all want, even if the results don't go our way. The next best thing besides winning is showing the fans that you gave it a good crack.

This is why I have been okay after some of our losses under Webby.

I wasn't really intending to have a go at Ford over this particular play but I guess after some of my previous comments about him y'all could be forgiven for reading that into it....
Sorry brother,

I'll defend any Warrior putting in the effort. Ford isn't the only one this applies to.

I defended Pompey and Montoya a few times when they put in the effort, but since some people have made up their minds about certain players, even if they improve, they will always get criticism.

There are stat guys on here. I'm the effort guy lol

Big Marn

Bench
I thought the main referee overrules any of the officials, such as the touch judges and bunker.

If the main referee can see on the replay foul play, surely, they can mention this to the bunker?

It's also very weird (and convenient) the bunker's audio is not working or switched on when it comes to making these dubious decisions with Warriors games.
i will add to this.
Anyone ever notice that Try Confirmed takes an eternity with most Warrior tries and usually multiple replays where as the majority of the aussie teams get almost instant Try Confirmed with only 1 or 2 looks.

sup42

Juniors
i will add to this.
Anyone ever notice that Try Confirmed takes an eternity with most Warrior tries and usually multiple replays where as the majority of the aussie teams get almost instant Try Confirmed with only 1 or 2 looks.

This really stood out when we first came in the comp. The officials were only reffing one team, the outsiders. Then the Bunker came along and I thought great we will have evidence and a level playing field, instead the evidenced showed if you give an Aussie a TV studio he will do the same thing - using the power of rewind.

Meth

Staff member
Fair enough. Let's support him so we can give him confidence to be more/better.

I don’t think it makes a difference whether I support him or not. He is what he is and it’s not for me. We simply have better options and plenty of them.

I don’t think it makes a difference whether I support him or not. He is what he is and it’s not for me. We simply have better options and plenty of them.
The young guns will overtake Ford next year as his contract runs out. If Webby keeps him around, it will be as a big minute's cover, I'm guessing.

Latest posts