What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Manly Round 6 2024

Blair

Coach
Knock on, Manly! Near halfway. Sipley pushes a pass on to Lawton.

Now we knock on, Harris, with the field-goal certain.

22-all, last five minutes coming up.

Blair

Coach
22-all, final.

But we should've won it. Let's take the draw though as it's much better than losing, of course.

Blair

Coach
Our f/a is really good but it's not the most important factor for the rest of the season now. We've had a draw, we'll only go head-to-head with Manly now, at the end of round 26.

Of course, a couple of other sides may get a draw too.

JJ

Immortal
Golden point is bullshit in regular time, so actually happy with a draw despite loathing Manly

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
speedway rained out so I watched it live, happy about that as I wouldn’t want to be watching that at midnight

Probably a fair result in the end, I know we didn’t deserve to lose it at all

Condition probably stifled both sides attack, would love to see them go at it in the dry. Thought both number 7s were outstanding while both 6. Full marks to the back 3 of both sides, pretty much error free in those conditions was huge

Am sure Warriors fans will have a different take on the kickers leg being hit this week ;) Thankfully SJs leg went from being in 5 bits to ok very quickly :p

Not often I do it, but will give a well done to the ref. He missed a forward pass and a knock on here and there, but it was a pretty well officiated match which shouldn’t draw many complaints from either side

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Our f/a is really good but it's not the most important factor for the rest of the season now. We've had a draw, we'll only go head-to-head with Manly now, at the end of round 26.

Of course, a couple of other sides may get a draw too.
We had a draw last year as well, it can be a bit of snakes and ladders on the ladder, but it takes points diff out of play to a major extent ladder wise

I think both sides have shown enough that they should both be at training while half the sides are on mad Monday

Big Marn

Juniors
speedway rained out so I watched it live, happy about that as I wouldn’t want to be watching that at midnight

Condition probably stifled both sides attack, would love to see them go at it in the dry. Thought both number 7s were outstanding while both 6

Am sure Warriors fans will have a different take on the kickers leg being hit this week ;) Thankfully SJs leg went from being in 5 bits to ok very quickly :p

Not often I do it, but will give a well done to the ref. He missed a forward pass and a knock on here and there, but it was a pretty well officiated match which shouldn’t draw many complaints from either side
Butler got no support from the touchies. Im inclined to say just have female touchies from now on as the men dont have the balls to call anything. There was a blatant knockon by Turbo right in front of one and nothing. Crickets. They might as well not be out there. Having said that, very happy to get the draw. Are the "wet games" becoming a real thing now?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Butler got no support from the touchies. Im inclined to say just have female touchies from now on as the men dont have the balls to call anything. There was a blatant knockon by Turbo right in front of one and nothing. Crickets. They might as well not be out there. Having said that, very happy to get the draw. Are the "wet games" becoming a real thing now?
Yep that was one they missed them a minute later missed a blatant forward pass too

That penalty in golden point I thought was a bit ridiculous, not sure how you can get called a disrupter when the ball hits your hands first

Last edited:

Grizzman

Juniors
Weird game and we were lucky to get away with a point. In the first half, we looked like strangers to each other. It was really clunky, lots of errors. But we stayed in the fight. Manly probably the better team for 65 mins of the game. They should be disappointed and we should be relieved. DcE spoke well after the game. It's refreshing to see an eloquent rugby league player.

RTS Puts down a pass looking up before he had it.

Didnt Turbo knock that on?

Lucky Brooks loses it 10m out.

Touched by Manly to go out off a TMM pass on their 40m.

Ford drops a Egan pass 30m out, again looking up before catching it.

Manly with a great break, a clear forward pass a few tackles later, then Turbo offload hits Egan's hand and DCE scores.

0-6 10mins

Manly inside the 10m.

Ford puts down his second ball, it was behind him but still.

Backed up with a penalty by Barnett. Sets them up on our 45m.

DCE forces a dropout, Warriors regather.

DCE gets all day to lay on Egan after a break.

SJ just run behind a player?

Ref calls non competition for bomb and penalises Warriors when Turbo drops it, no contact by Capewell on Turbo, eyes only for the ball but pulls hands away. Captains challenge gone.

Montoya carry stripped by Manly, called double knock on.

Compressed defense cost us, Manly goes wide and DWZ is left with a 2 on 1, kick from winger has DCE scoring.

0-12 24mins

DWZ loses ball returning it on our 10m.

6 again against us.

Stripped for numbers again out wide and DWZ sitting back Manly score. Not sure if this CNK not balancing defense from back?

0-16 29 mins

First mistake by Manly With Turbo stuffing up play the ball on halfway.

6 again for us.

Montoya Bundled into touch.

Manly penalised for to long on DWZ coming out of 20m, SJ kicks it to 30m in Manly half.

Attack either short man our out the back and offered nothing. SJ bomb taken out by Manly

Harris puts Jazz over under the post with a silky pass.

6-16 36mins

Jazz hobbles off.

Manly challenge a knock on from bomb and lose.

Manly penalised and CNK takes off, does some silly kick with plenty of time for a few more tackles.

But DWZ to save the day intercepting Brooks pass for a 70M try to score in the corner.

10-16 HALFTIME.

Early set restart for Warriors off a TMM line break.

DCE let's ball go in tackle after held call and Capewell penalised for strip.

BT scores untouched, between TMM and RTS. TMM turned in, to easy.

10-22 46mins

So Manly go up for a bomb, no hands and makes actual contact with catcher and ball goes backways but not penalty for player not competing as no mistake???

SJ cutting through a short side weaving in and out standing up Turbo. Barnett's offload to TMM started it.

14-22 55mins easy(ish) conversion missed!

Freak SJ Bomb from 30m out hits the post, but Manly end up diving on it.

Another held call going to ground as Tom Ale strips at the and ball pops out. Was last tackle as well, dumb.

DCE grubber 10m out called played at by Capewell, 6 more.

Manly loses ball into Warriors in Barnett tackle.

Barnett keeps player up and 2 others help drive Manly player 6m back to in goal for a dropout.

Egan throws a Manly style forward pass that gets tries but then knocks it on from CNK offload when he wasn't looking 10m out.

RTS loses ball on halfway after 2 decent meter makers.

DCE grubber forced in goal by RTS.

Manly knock on short kickoff.

SJ grubber forces line dropout.

60m monster dropout.

CHT on for Harris. WTF?

Why did ref call held there when DCE going backwards in tackle but not before when Manly forced in goal?

CHT pass hits Barnett when Trying to pass out the back to SJ on their 40m for Manly scrum.

RTS gets a tickle on the chin and get a penalty, Starting on our 40m.

SJ kick for DWZ from 30m out goes dead, 7 tackle set.

Fumble at dummy half missed for Manly?

Bomb bounces and touched by Manly then regathered by Warriors 10m out.

SJ long offload to DWZ scores in the corner.

20-22 79mins

45sec left.

SJ attempts 45m field goal which misses but legs taken by Manly 10 ala Lussick.

Penalty and it's from where the ball lands!!!

SJ miracle recovery and takes the 2 for golden point!!

22-22 Fulltime.

Warriors first use of the ball.

Ref calls held on Manly player still moving forward.

Crocker down off Monotya hip but no HIA.

Independent DR gets him 2mins later.

Manly knock a ball forward to another play on their 45m.

Ball played 20m out and passed then ref calls knock on in ruck by Harris. Nearly missed.

DCE gets first shot and we'll short.

85mins.

Kickoff by Warriors not very deep, lands near 20m.

Manly just jumping to take player out and penalised.

SJ drop goal from 30m goes straight but he standing to the right so clear miss and 7 tackle set.

Manly player stays down. Nothing in replay.

DCE shot from 40m out is short.

Berry indicating Manly lost ball 10m out when contacting Barnett, but no one listening.

Draw.

Where is everyone? I'm in this alone! Manly win toss, and will kick off.
Poorly timed travel to NZ booked before NRL draw out!
Parent didn't have sky sport so had to watch delay on Sky open.
What a frustrating game, some poor mistakes, poor defense at times costly.
TMM not offering much as 5/8.
Amazing come back similar to Storm game, at least we walked away with some points this time.
Still not a fan of Golden point in regular season, just 1 point each which is what happened.

Golden point is bullshit in regular time, so actually happy with a draw despite loathing Manly
Save Golden point for post season, just like extra time.
Just asking for an injury and extra work for 2 teams who play a team next week who didn't play extra minutes.
Draw a good result as Manly looked the better side.

Condition probably stifled both sides attack, would love to see them go at it in the dry. Thought both number 7s were outstanding while both 6. Full marks to the back 3 of both sides, pretty much error free in those conditions was huge

Must have gone Manlys way with that admission! :p
Forward passes that lead to a try always feel worse than one in general play stick out to me.
Ref wasn't reason Warriors didn't win, to many errors and defensive laps, plus SJ missing a relatively easy conversion.
SJ must have got some magic spray on that leg quickly. But why not at least 10 in the bin when Lussick sent from the field???
Manly looked the better team to me.

Last edited:
No idea what touchies are doing sometimes, think they there to be spectators.
They managed to call Harris stuff up which was correct after the ball played and passes and a tackle nearly complete.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Must have gone Manlys way with that admission! :p
Forward passes that lead to a try always feel worse than one in general play stick out to me.
Ref wasn't reason Warriors didn't win, to many errors and defensive laps, plus SJ missing a relatively easy conversion.
SJ must have got some magic spray on that leg quickly.
Manly looked the better team to me.

Not at all, plenty missed, especially in golden point.
The penalty for the disrupter not playing at the ball when the ball actually hit his hands could have been massively costly. Olakau’atu marching forward in golden point with only a half on him and called held cost some field position too. DCE normally onto all the tricks of the game but missed one on golden point when taking his shot at goal, I’m sure we will see kickers deliberately kicking into players anywhere near them now

End of the day I don’t think there were any complete howlers that altered the result at all. Biggest howler of the day was Luke Brooks trying the big play at the wrong time, should have just been taking in a 10pt lead rather than trying the knockout shot at that point in the first half

I’ll take 3 competiton point from Panthers and away to Warriors. Sounds like 3-4 players won’t be available next week so they put in a huge effort. Sadly Lodge is ready to return, but Brown Garrick and Saab all ready to go too

Last edited:
Not at all, plenty missed, especially in golden point.
The penalty for the disrupter not playing at the ball when the ball actually hit his hands could have been massively costly. Olakau’atu marching forward in golden point with only a half on him and called held cost some field position too. DCE normally onto all the tricks of the game but missed one on golden point when taking his shot at goal, I’m sure we will see kickers deliberately kicking into players anywhere near them now

End of the day I don’t think there were any complete howlers that altered the result at all. Biggest howler of the day was Luke Brooks trying the big play at the wrong time, should have just been taking in a 10pt lead rather than trying the knockout shot at that point in the first half

I’ll take 3 competiton point from Panthers and away to Warriors. Sounds like 3-4 players won’t be available next week so they put in a huge effort. Sadly Lodge is ready to return, but Brown Garrick and Saab all ready to go too
Just edited, after wondering why Lussick is sent from the field but Aloiai didn't even get 10 mins? If injury was taken into it, it's still 10mins vs send off.

But agree the held call was early for Olakau’atu, (then you threw/lost it forward) but it was also early when DCE was being driven back to his ingoal in regular play.:)

Also why upstairs called the Harris lost ball in golden point. I though it might be touchie, but apparently not.

Warriors lucky to walk away with points.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just edited, after wondering why Lussick is sent from the field but Aloiai didn't even get 10 mins? If injury was taken into it, it's still 10mins vs send off.

But agree the held call was early for Olakau’atu, (then you threw/lost it forward) but it was also early when DCE was being driven back to his ingoal in regular play.:)

Also why upstairs called the Harris lost ball in golden point. I though it might be touchie, but apparently not.

Warriors lucky to walk away with points.

Have only seen the Lussick one a couple of times, but he got there and contact was made halfway through the downswing on the kicking action maybe, Aloaia made contact well after the kick was gone. Injury maybe made it that way as well rightly or wrongly, it was obvious he was seriously injured while it was obvious Shaun was putting in a poor audition for Shortland St

Big Marn

Juniors
Have only seen the Lussick one a couple of times, but he got there and contact was made halfway through the downswing on the kicking action maybe, Aloaia made contact well after the kick was gone. Injury maybe made it that way as well rightly or wrongly, it was obvious he was seriously injured while it was obvious Shaun was putting in a poor audition for Shortland St
You dont need any acting chops to be on Shortland St.

Latest posts