What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Roosters rd 10 2018

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
That was painful. Injuries are really starting to bite. Tevaga isn’t a hooker and without SJ our halves are often predictable. Hopefully we can scrap a win against the eels next week and limp along until we get some troops back.
Glad I watched it at work or my cat would’ve copped a good kicking today.

Last edited:

WellsNZ

Juniors
It was always going to be tough to win without Luke and SJ but the loss of them isn't an excuse for the feet for hands performance and being physically dominated like they were.

The Roosters still don't even look that great compared to what that roster is potentially capable of.

Surprised Latrell didn't have even more of a field day with Hiku.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The Roosters still don't even look that great compared to what that roster is potentially capable of.

Surprised Latrell didn't have even more of a field day with Hiku.

Tedesco looks terrible this year, as does Tom T so NSW have some thinking to do there. Cronk hasn't looked anything overly special outside of Melbourne either

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I’m genuinely getting worried about Mannerings form now, should’ve settled in by now.

I thought Mannering looked good in the latter stages, actually bent the line and got a couple of offloads away. Did more than most of his teammates.
Harris definitely had a worse off game and most of the other forwards were anonymous or ineffective, only Afoa really went hard all day.

Benek

Juniors
SJ and Luke out was obviously a blow, but I think this has more to do with it:

At the beginning of the season we were winning on fitness and effort. Everyone was putting in that extra 10% that helped cover up our lack of technique, especially on defence.

Now we are hitting the middle part of the season. Honeymoon is over and we're in the grind. Every team's fitness is evening out and out motivation to put in that extra 10% is fading behind fatigue and injuries.

Suddenly all those technical flaws are no longer masked by effort. They're here for everyone to see and exploit.

I thought this team had truly turned a corner. After that Dragons win I was sure of it. But now I don't know. If losing a few playmakers makes the whole team turn up with tits for hands and soft as butter defence, are we that much different than last year?

As a side note: I get that it was the fist time hosting an indigenous round and they wanted to make the most of it, but did anyone else feel that opening went on too long? Even the players were looking a bit bored. Could of cut in in half and still would have been a great tribute.

And man that stadium announcer needs to learn when enough is enough. By the end of the game his "defence" chant was becoming a cruel joke.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
As a side note: I get that it was the fist time hosting an indigenous round and they wanted to make the most of it, but did anyone else feel that opening went on too long? Even the players were looking a bit bored. Could of cut in in half and still would have been a great tribute.

Problem is it’s not entertainment, it’s culture, and you can’t ask people to cut it short just for the sake of an audience if you’re taking it seriously. Anyone who’s ever been welcomed onto a marae knows sitting/standing in the cold for ages wondering if the kaumatua will ever bloody stop talking is part of the deal, haha.

Benek

Juniors
Problem is it’s not entertainment, it’s culture, and you can’t ask people to cut it short just for the sake of an audience if you’re taking it seriously. Anyone who’s ever been welcomed onto a marae knows sitting/standing in the cold for ages wondering if the kaumatua will ever bloody stop talking is part of the deal, haha.
I have to admit I'm not that knowledgeable about what the tradition is. If it's something that has to be done completely or not at all, then fair enough.

mikeob

Juniors
That was painful. Injuries are really starting to bite. Tevaga isn’t a hooker and without SJ our halves are often predictable. Hopefully we can scrap a win against the eels next week and limp along until we get some troops back.
Glad I watched it at work or my cat would’ve copped a good kicking today.
I would never give my pussy a good kicking just because of a big loss.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I would never give my pussy a good kicking just because of a big loss.

Haha it used to be a running joke on here from one of the old posters (might’ve been Kipper or NZwarrior) about kicking the cat when we lost. No way I’d actually kick my cat, even though he’s an annoying fat bastard at times!

Latest posts