What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VS Sharks

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
That would be such good news if he could play, then we could finally piss of Grose from the team.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/aubussons-back-on-song/2008/08/21/1219262414040.html
Sydney Roosters hooker James Aubusson remains a chance of playing against Cronulla tonight despite being knocked out twice last Friday.
Aubusson was not named in the side following his double blow against Melbourne, but club doctor John Orchard said he would be reassessed this morning. "He's done a bit of training, but he's still in a bit of doubt," Orchard said. Cronulla fullback Brett Kearney has been given until today to prove his fitness.

STSAE

Juniors
Link: http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...1219262414025.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Mini's big comeback

Sydney Roosters club doctor John Orchard says the plan with fullback Anthony Minichiello, who is recovering from a bulging disc in his neck, is to get him at least one game back before the finals. "Anthony is back in full training," Orchard said yesterday. "He definitely won't play against Cronulla tomorrow night - he hasn't been back in training long enough to be ready for that - but barring a setback he will come back either against the Rabbitohs next week or the Dragons in the final round."

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Legend! That made my day, and if we lose tonight, at least there is a positive to come out of today. Not that I'm expecting to lose tbh.

Gallus Gallus

Juniors
omg i cant believe u guys think ben jones should be halfback!!! he hasnt played many games for any of roosters teams this yr and the games he has played he has done nothing! the other night when he played FG he was put in at halfback to direct the boys around and organise, he falied to do this and thats why freddy put him in the centres after half time..every time he got the ball playing halfback he ran it becos he couldnt organise/create a play.. pearce is x 10000 the player he is and if u's think jones should be playin 7 u's are off ur heads!

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
I agree he is definitely not a 7, let alone at our team with a future star at halfback. I see him at center, 5/8 or lock, where he can use a good running game and kick chase.

Monk

Referee
we played like we wanted to lose.

our halves we horrible, our forwards (excusing mason and pini) looked frusterated and soft. our backline had little ball and grose had a shocker. the only brightspot's we the performace's of the aubs bros and that we only got beaten by 20.

Chook Norris

First Grade
no no no no no (phil gould tone)

absolutely shocking.. i felt like punching the brick wall

just about nobody wanted to be out there tonight

we are not playing like a team

far too predictable in attack with the one out stuff early on

i wont even bother imagining how we will score a try in the next few weeks

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Why do we never grubber the ball? It seems all Pearce wants to do is bomb it across field, earlier in the season both him and Anasta had a great mixed kicking game and it kept the defence completely off gaurd.

I know it's only my opinion but I think Freddy has got the team wrong. No way Cherro should have been dropped for Paea, and L Paea should be coming off the bench to play prop not starting at second row. Sa should play the 80 at centre and Grose should be playing anything but rugby league, he is truely a disgrace. Roberts has still yet to be found from the Parra game. Shillow should not be starting either, he is a bench player at best and Tupou had another average game with a few good offloads. Mason was ok but he is not playing like he is worth 400k+ thats for sure.

I hope he sticks with Jaubs playing the 80 by himself, he was great. Perrett played well as did Maubs and Fitzy. Again we got the short end of the stick with the ref, it's getting bloody ridiculous, wtf do we have to do to get a penalty?

I've almost written us off for this season, they are really testing my patience.

STSAE

Juniors
Why do we never grubber the ball? It seems all Pearce wants to do is bomb it across field, earlier in the season both him and Anasta had a great mixed kicking game and it kept the defence completely off gaurd.

I know it's only my opinion but I think Freddy has got the team wrong. No way Cherro should have been dropped for Paea, and L Paea should be coming off the bench to play prop not starting at second row. Sa should play the 80 at centre and Grose should be playing anything but rugby league, he is truely a disgrace. Roberts has still yet to be found from the Parra game. Shillow should not be starting either, he is a bench player at best and Tupou had another average game with a few good offloads. Mason was ok but he is not playing like he is worth 400k+ thats for sure.

I hope he sticks with Jaubs playing the 80 by himself, he was great. Perrett played well as did Maubs and Fitzy. Again we got the short end of the stick with the ref, it's getting bloody ridiculous, wtf do we have to do to get a penalty?

I've almost written us off for this season, they are really testing my patience.

No its my opinion also.

And the same has to stand for our 1/2s. I keep hearing people criticising Pearce for his constant bombing. Well Bwaiff was worse last night. And seeing theyre BOTH continually playing to the same pointless tactics, I can only guess the COACH is instructing them to do so.

Otherwise why wouldnt the COACH drop them if they werent following instructions????

Freddys so green and its showing, thats my opinion anyway.

Good question BR. Why don't we grubber the ball? When was the last time we camped ourselves in the opposition's quarter with sustained attack? Patience is something we lack (youth?) and Cronulla have it in spades.
No doubt some of Freddy's selections are odd and as already mentioned, his inexperience is showing as he was out coached in every part of the game - or the boys ignored the game plan. If there was one at all. Myles was clearly lacking match fitness due to his long stint on the sidelines and team confidence is lower than what is was after the mid-year Manly capitulation.
I seriously doubt we'll win another game and our 101 year will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. I think the younger guys will learn from this and be better for it. Now, I'm nearly ready to start thinking about the cricket season.

Last edited:

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
It is true Freddy is very green and the inexperience is starting to really show, but he would have to be one of the best starting coaches in recent history which is a good thing. I think if Gus can mentor him a bit over the off season and with our team for next year we will threaten the big dogs.

I would also be very interested to know how many drop outs we have forced? I remember against the 'Dogs in round 3 we really sustained the pressure well, but since then we never wear out the defence with lots of attack like the Sharkies and Storm did to us last night. We will never win the GF until we can grind out the close games and play a really composed game.

STSAE

Juniors
What gets me is we are making stoopid errors off the dummy 1/2 or running 1 out.

Its not as though we are making big breaks and pushing the last pass.

We are playing negatively and conservatively and even not doing that 1/2 well.

Also whens the last time weve seen a decoy??? Or when someone does bend the line where is anyone in support, hitting the hole????

And for the 1st time last night I saw our kick chase broken more than once. We arent even doing the basics as a team.

Is there a gameplan other than kick to Covell???? :crazy:

Monk

Referee
why is pearce steering the side around the park. surley anasta should be doin it. we did all the wrong things last night. maybe freddy wanted them to practice 1 out runs all night?

what is the point of a run if they dont even attempt to offload the ball?

Chook Norris

First Grade
we don't grubber the ball because we aren't told to... or we are but we are just too impatient and won't listen...

our team had very little structure last night.. disgraceful performance

ffs!!!

some massive changes need to take place and our game plan needs to change

no more 1 out running for the whole set and then a stoopid bomb... learn to grubber~

Latest posts