What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Tigers rd1 2016

MacDougall

First Grade
Hard luck though I thought we were toast. Those Warriors comebacks are hard to deny. Stoked on the win, but really you guys just need a gameplan to go with the obvious talent. Bye bye McFadden.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Check it, sure Moses touched it.

He did, shoulder. Awful decision that made no difference to the result of the game.

For god's sake get a coach who is able to organise and create a professional environment for 17 talented but ultimately ineffective when not coached properly individuals.

Pull the trigger Jim. You know you won't regret it. McFadden isn't going to going to do a Cleary and end up making a prelim somewhere else, unless it's Hibiscus Coast.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Besides the terrible defense, take SJ out of that side and we'd also have been totally rudderless on attack. More of the the same old sh*t that never seems to end. One of the few positive things about our defense was that Lolohea seemed to make some good reads in the last 10 minutes.

Blair

Coach
...Pull the trigger Jim. You know you won't regret it. McFadden isn't going to going to do a Cleary and end up making a prelim somewhere else, unless it's Hibiscus Coast.

If you sack a coach after round one then you should've sacked him after round 26 last season. Sacking him now would be showing gross mismanagement.

Looked very dangerous on the right in the second half. Ran through and around our blokes with ease. Probably should have caught us if they didn't catch a scorching case of the dropsies with 10 to go.

You guys have quality players and are capable of piling on the points quickly, just need a half decent coach.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
If you sack a coach after round one then you should've sacked him after round 26 last season. Sacking him now would be showing gross mismanagement.

Have to be accountable for your mistakes

I think Doyle is trying to be professional about it after sacking last few coaches he needed to be able to show you will keep your job if you come here to hopefully attract a top coach.

Now Cappy is not to blame for all the drop ball and dumb penalties.
But the lethargic line speed, no communication in defence, what looked like zero attacking formation and structures, no angle runners, no building of pressure, relying completely on individuals to creates something from nothing is on him and his staff.
We don't seem to have much footy smarts.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Yeah I know, you're right...I was being flippant. But I truly believe that McFadden is a dead man walking, as he should have been last year only that we'd had a ridiculous turnover of coaches under Scurrah. Without that, he'd be gone. He can't coach. I'd put the house on him not receiving a contract extension, and maybe not lasting this year. He shouldn't have a contract to 2017 (or 2018?) but again, Wayne f**king Scurrah extended him about 4 games in.

If a better coach is available and we're 0-3 after the Broncos and Storm, get rid of him. Bring the new broom in ahead of the Knights game, lest that be a game that gets an reprieve for McFadden because we beat a dud team at home.

Matua

Bench
I know Doyle is a god round here but you've just highlighted him showing gross mismanagement, Cappy should have been sacked last year.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
All Jim Doyle does is show off. He just keeps us in the loop on what's going on and is sure to mention the good he's done. He just does his job. Let's sack Jim Doyle.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I know Doyle is a god round here but you've just highlighted him showing gross mismanagement, Cappy should have been sacked last year.

I think we all universally agreed that for stability reasons, it was very hard to sack McFadden. Unless there was a Bellamy, Bennett etc ready to come. Doyle is working through the shitstorm that Scurrah left. And whilst he's not a god to me, I believe in Jim. I can see a decision being made by April if we continue to play like busted arses.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
The Warriors made a rod for their own backs years ago with their revolving door coaching appointments - i.e. pre Doyle.