What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs WoManly

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Pretty good first hit out.

1. Lote played great for being in town for 3 days and being out of the game for so long.
2. Lui was solid enough not to get bagged too badly
3. Fult's, Gallows and Ellis played great

Small concerns
1. Other props not too impressive - solid but not stand out
2. The fightback coincided with Moltzen playing a more natural "halves" game
3. Not scoring more than one meat pie with all that ball in the first 15
4. Could have easily lost this one based on goal kicking
5. Still have a "period" where we leak a lot of points at once.

I think we got out of jail on this one. We looked better as a side when Moltzen moved into the line.

Good first hit out and the two points are the two points - wins a win.

I had a good feeling about this game, but leaking those points in the second 20 is a worry.

We played well and I like the look of us, but as always, a few things to work on.

J

Darth Bobo

I'd be a happier man with some speed off the line in defence and a better kick chase.

Scoring points is never an issue, stopping them looks like the same problem we've always had which was frustrating to sit through in the first half.

Thought Lui looked a lot better last night, not awesome, but better.

scarcev

Juniors
Moltzen didnt move into the halves at all, he chimed in from the back like a fullback should do.

Big concern on our forwards, we were dominated for all but the first 20 minutes, embarrasingly at times, esp when our interchange forwards went on.

Vic Mackey

Referee
gibbs and galloway worked awesome together, we lost it as soon as they went off.

i thought cayless was terrible and moors wasnt much better. surely schirnack would be a better early season option? he isnt a matchwinner but he is very solid

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
1/ Moltzen looked lost at fullback. Get him out of there. The guy is an attacking weapon and needs to lead the side around as a Half.
2/ We got monstered in the 1st half as predicted. If it wasn't for individual brilliance we would have lost that game.
3/ All Manly needed to do was slow the game down and they win. If it's a fast and open game we score points at will and make our small back rowers look better than they really are. Semi finals aren't played like that. Tony Williams in the centres ? Not the best of selections. Too big for centres I reckon.

In conclusion.......Farah, Tiquiri, Moltzen, Benji will save that farkwit of a coach's a$$. These players make him look like a better coach than he really is. Just like Joey Johns did with Michael Hagan.

westie

Bench
Wasn't taking hit ups until late in the set too. The dude used to love the contact, even in the most recent years at Saints. Something isn't altogether right there.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
He was a big unit at the Roosters. I know that was a few years back though.

I'm willing to have some patience with him as he hasn't played for a while and will be slow to get fitness back. Still hoping he will be a good buy, we desperately need some impact off the bench.

N.C.

Juniors
Thought the Manly game was pretty much a carbon of some of our first games last year... Quick out of the blocks, leak some points, claw it back and get over the line at the death. Everyone's a hero.

Just like last year, we wont get away with it forever...

TimmyB

Juniors
Moltzen didnt move into the halves at all, he chimed in from the back like a fullback should do.

Big concern on our forwards, we were dominated for all but the first 20 minutes, embarrasingly at times, esp when our interchange forwards went on.

So damn true.

The fact that people are suggesting otherwise just shows their agendas. They want Moltzen at half, so they convince themselves that's where his attack was coming form. Fact is, he wasn't at first receiver all night.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
So damn true.

The fact that people are suggesting otherwise just shows their agendas. They want Moltzen at half, so they convince themselves that's where his attack was coming form. Fact is, he wasn't at first receiver all night.

I don't have an agenda, except to see us win football games.

All I know is, Moltzen's kick returns are diabolical and that's why I don't want him at fullback. Fullbacks aren't meant to walk sideways on kick returns and in the process lose us 20 metres at the start of every set.

He was also shaky under the high ball and I dare say we'll see more bombs than Hiroshima on Sunday from Anasta, Carney and Pierce.

I remain unconvinced regarding Moltzen at half, but he's not a fullback.

Borat.

Juniors
So damn true.

Ofcourse he wasn't at first receiver all night- Lui was playing 7.

He is not a fullback- was woeful under the highball.....

His attack came from when he took the line on ball playing, and ran at speed through it..... I don't give a rats where he plays, but he Can't play 1, can't see him ousting Benji at 6 :sarcasm:- so logically people are calling for him to go to 7....

Fordy20

Juniors
I don't have an agenda, except to see us win football games.

All I know is, Moltzen's kick returns are diabolical and that's why I don't want him at fullback. Fullbacks aren't meant to walk sideways on kick returns and in the process lose us 20 metres at the start of every set.

He was also shaky under the high ball and I dare say we'll see more bombs than Hiroshima on Sunday from Anasta, Carney and Pierce.

I remain unconvinced regarding Moltzen at half, but he's not a fullback.

Maybe we could a former fullback to mentor him, to work with him in defence and encourage him to take on the line from kick returns. Moltzen has pace and I don't see why he wouldn't be able to be just as much as a threat as a Billy Slater or a Jarryd Hayne off a kick return.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Moltzen has plenty of time to bulk up, he's a good player, just not a fullback.

Westie, one question, why don't you rate Ayshford? Is there a particular aspect of his game that you have doubts over? He's been pretty impressive IMO, not a superstar and won't ever be but we can't have a team full of superstars. Defensively he was good on Monday, and his attack is improving, plus he hits the line hard. Your thoughts?

N.C.

Juniors
Slater and Hayne are about twice his size maybe?
Er... I thought we were talking about Billy Slater. Which Slater are you referring to? Cause the Slater I know of is not twice the size of anybody...

Juniors
Moltzen has plenty of time to bulk up, he's a good player, just not a fullback.

Westie, one question, why don't you rate Ayshford? Is there a particular aspect of his game that you have doubts over? He's been pretty impressive IMO, not a superstar and won't ever be but we can't have a team full of superstars. Defensively he was good on Monday, and his attack is improving, plus he hits the line hard. Your thoughts?

I disagree, i thing he will be a superstar, not the type u see on front covers of magazines but a real on the field super star.

He seems to pop his head throught the defensive line each and every run, cant recall ever seeing him get consistently dominated by any oppstion player, some of which are superstars.

I think he is a great asset to this team and little more attack should be directed his way.

My only criticism is that his passing game needs to be developed. There are occasions where he could set up the winger (yep speedy Beau) but choses to take a hit-up instead. I'm sure his awareness will improve with experience.

As for the reason Westie doesn't rate Ayshford, you could start with Ayshford's Eastern Suburbs pedigree. He doesn't usually like players unless they played juniors for Minto Cobras.