What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Bukowski

Juniors
He's being a bit too 'hands on' with these bids if you ask me. Picking PNG then trying to make it work and telling Perth they basically have to be the bears.
Instead of an expansion area putting their bid forward and assessing the merit.
It feels AFL ish.

MugaB

Coach
I'd love to see the Bears back but they have to be realistic. Otherwise, f*ck them...
Yeah they'll drag their feet untill all their "demands are met" this is why I've kept saying it wont be perth, they wont succumb to these ludicrous 2-4 home game in Sydney, especially when Perth wants that content for Optus or HBF, it makes no sense on thier side of things, of course it will blow up on both their faces... Melbourne is the city for the Bears, they wont clamour for more than 8 games, not like the perth mob (and rightly so for WA) bears can own their licence, and drink their cup of tea too, knowing that they just have to share AAMI park for half the season, then the other half is in Sydney

Vee

First Grade
Yeah they'll drag their feet untill all their "demands are met" this is why I've kept saying it wont be perth, they wont succumb to these ludicrous 2-4 home game in Sydney, especially when Perth wants that content for Optus or HBF, it makes no sense on thier side of things, of course it will blow up on both their faces... Melbourne is the city for the Bears, they wont clamour for more than 8 games, not like the perth mob (and rightly so for WA) bears can own their licence, and drink their cup of tea too, knowing that they just have to share AAMI park for half the season, then the other half is in Sydney
Maybe, but not until after Perth, NZ2, possibly SEQ4 and PNG is the great unknown.

Jamberoo

Juniors
North - West Melbourne Bears perhaps?

All that would do is pick a few fans from Storm, and some Storm fans would follow both. Reckon Melbourne Bears would make GWS look like Broncos or Collingwood.

No thanks. Storm Is the only team than unites Melbourne. It used to be Victory and adding new teams sent soccer backwards fast here. A second Melbourne team would not be good for the game here.

Vlad59

Juniors
North - West Melbourne Bears perhaps?

All that would do is pick a few fans from Storm, and some Storm fans would follow both. Reckon Melbourne Bears would make GWS look like Broncos or Collingwood.

No thanks. Storm Is the only team than unites Melbourne (it has taken VicTory’s spot) and it would not be good for the game here.
A second team is a long way off. There are too many good things happening there in Melbourne right now to upset the apple cart. You are spot on.