What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wade Graham future

Stake Removed

First Grade
He is now had a few concussions, the concern would be is it too often.
Maybe the club needs to rest him for a month

Craigshark

First Grade
I’d say the media will be all over it in the coming days. The club probably won’t have any other choice but to. I just hope it’s not the end end with what else has happened with similar incidents recently i.e Jake friend.

snout

First Grade
His knock tonight was all his own doing.
Front on legs tackle and got his head on the wrong side.
Knees to the head.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Bpth Dugan and Graham should be rested for a minimum of 1 month, send them away from football, 2 faoled HIA in two weeks. Go on holiday fellas, life is more than football.

Chimp

Juniors
Wades was all his own fault, but for me, the worrying thing is that even though he had his head in the wrong place, the impact didn’t seem that hard - he seems easily concussed nowadays, which is a bad sign. Not too dissimilar for Dugan too.

What I will also say, we’re not getting cap value out of either of these players either, even on a good day.

DJDL

Bench
Wades was all his own fault, but for me, the worrying thing is that even though he had his head in the wrong place, the impact didn’t seem that hard - he seems easily concussed nowadays, which is a bad sign. Not too dissimilar for Dugan too.

What I will also say, we’re not getting cap value out of either of these players either, even on a good day.

That's my concern for him. There didn't look to be too much in the one against the Eels though so I'd hate to think that he's at the point where any slight knock causes problems for him.

I really can't recall him having too many over the years, but who knows? It's only been the past couple of years the spotlight has been on it. Maybe earlier in his career he played on with a few.

Marchad

Juniors
It has never taken much for Wade to get concussed. He got concussed in a game once when he got a falcon. He is definitely in the high risk category to have CTE.

coolumsharkie

Referee
It has never taken much for Wade to get concussed. He got concussed in a game once when he got a falcon. He is definitely in the high risk category to have CTE.

Just looked that up and found this..

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/08/...ns-sledhead.html?auth=link-dismiss-google1tap

Scary, I can understand why the sport is taking these things seriously. It will probably kill our game off as we know it in the not to distant future, the way things are heading (pardon the pun)

taipan

Referee
Comes a time when long term health takes priority.
Leaving it a game or to too late, and who knows the long term results.
He needs a month off and a thorough health check.IMO as a mug layman, another concussion gets him knocking on retirement's door.
I still believe the gang tackling, when defenders get into each others' way at times is a contributor.It's a lot easier to aim for the waist area, avoiding the thundering knees of some mountain man forward.
Or bring back the 5 m not the 10m that now exists.Momentum stuffs.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Look at quick list of players with concussion
Friend - retired.
Cordner - still out.
Graham - 2 in 3 weeks.
Dugan - back to back.
Matterson - still out.

That's a quick snapshot there will be more

Inferno

Coach
Who says they were concussions?

Failing the in game HIA doesn't automatically mean someone was concussed does it?