What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wade McKinnon - Warriors ?

Heard from a mate of mine (he heard on the news this morning) that Wade McKinnon had apparently signed with the Warriors. I am a bit sceptical about this but can someone tell me if this is true or if its a load of garbage ?

The Colonel

Immortal
Nothing has been announced outside of something the commentators mentioned yesterday during the Knights v Warriors game. Jason Costigan? mentioned he had been signed for three years with an option for a fourth.

Gronk

Staff member
Don't think he's been given to negotiate. Same goes for Johnny & Deano.

True EEL

Bench
gee this is getting gloomy for next season as i had just turned around again back onto the Wade McKinnon bandwagon and wanted us to keep him?

but perhaps IF this is true, it does open the door for jarryd Hayne at fullback

The Colonel

Immortal
Long term I think Jarryd is the better option. I was hesitant to see him pushed but he has exceeded my expectations.

Joel Reddy is also still under contract. Though disappointed with his performances in first grade, behind a winning side he went very well on Saturday night.

Kornstar

Coach
If i were Reddy, i would be following in Daddys footsteps and make a move up to the second row......Hayne is too good to keep on the wing

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i watched the warrior/newc game and they said it was a done deal!

stupid nz commentators!!

yy_cheng

Coach
It would be a bit disheartening for Reddy considering that Hayne played 10-15 mins at fullback against the rabbits with a fit Wade at wing.

Furthermore, Inu, who has played Wing, has a possible earmark on Hayne's wing spot if JW leaves.

Tank30

Juniors
No great loss if he does go..Hayne is a much better option and does not appear to be such a crab..

Hurriflatch

Referee
If Wade leaves and that looks certain

I'm expecting Hayne to play fullback before Reddy, with Grothe on one wing Tahu and Benny in the centres and depedning on form/fitness and if they stay either Burt, JW, Inu or a new signing on the other wing.

Hayne could be a victim of his own versitility tho

Hayne is a much better winger then Reddy so he may play wing to allow Reddy to fullback if the wing depth goes down next year

We seem to be losing alot of players with first grade experience. By blooding some of the younger players this year are we actually going to give them enough top grade experience to actually be formidable next year ? Is the sheer number of players either leaving or possibly leaving a concern for management ? It seems to be a tall order to try and replace even some of those that may be leaving.

yy_cheng

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
Hayne is a much better winger then Reddy so he may play wing to allow Reddy to fullback if the wing depth goes down next year

Same scenario with Hindy playing prop. We have more quality Backrowers than Props.

Latest posts