What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wait and watch the game or listen to radio live????

Missa

Juniors
mmmm this is the dilemma i face...every week the knights play and it is on channel 9....i have always had the radio to my ear and known the score....my partner says he wont let me listen to radio tom night....but i dont think i can wait till 830 knowing the game is already 1 hour over....i like to psych myself up for it b4 seeing it....but it takes the excitement away watching and knowing the score...what r all u guys going to do????

antonius

Coach
Missa said:
mmmm this is the dilemma i face...every week the knights play and it is on channel 9....i have always had the radio to my ear and known the score....my partner says he wont let me listen to radio tom night....but i dont think i can wait till 830 knowing the game is already 1 hour over....i like to psych myself up for it b4 seeing it....but it takes the excitement away watching and knowing the score...what r all u guys going to do????
I'll be watching it, no radio for me!

Missa

Juniors
i agree matt.......but i may try and hold out...by the time i watch the match i will have had a few drinks and be cheering on the warriors.....if i watch the game without knowing the score i get very loud and vocal

~knights~

Juniors
Tv for me.

I'll be watching the dogs v warriors game before hand.

But if there was no game b4 on ,it would of been hard not to resist the radio.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
i used to be like that, expect i would always check the live scores on the net. but i havent dont it all this year and im planning to keep it that way because for me it wrecks the game.

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
i like to watch the game, more excitement in watching it. but sometimes i can't help and wait if they game isn't live, i need to know if we won or not, so i check the net for live scores. Tomorrow i'll watch the game and not find out scores before the game is on tv.

knightsgal85

Juniors
If I was unable to attend the match tomorrow night, I would be faced with the same dilemma. I'm not sure what I would have done to be totally honest. I probably wouldn't have resisted the temptation of listening to the radio, but I would have most likely been patient & watched the delayed telecast on Channel 9. Radio coverage is just as good as the television coverage, except for the 'true' visual barrier.

Missa

Juniors
I think i have made my decision.....i will wait and watch the game....if it wasnt for the match b4 i wouldnt be waiting..that will keep me busy....but once i start watching and it ends up a close game or a white wash...i will check that radio which will be standing by..lol :D

Leasha

Juniors
Missa said:
I think i have made my decision.....i will wait and watch the game....if it wasnt for the match b4 i wouldnt be waiting..that will keep me busy....but once i start watching and it ends up a close game or a white wash...i will check that radio which will be standing by..lol :D

Hehe nice work Missa! :D I think I'll do the same... I always try not to check the scores on the radio, but (especially when its a blow out scoreline), I just CAN'T resist!!! :lol:

MC DUI

Juniors
Missa said:

Its a good dilemma to have.

Down here in lowly SA the earliest I will be able to catch the game is 12pm on Foxtel. :( :(

Stupid AFL land. :evil:

the_chief

Juniors
Radio for me, I'm not waiting till 2:05AM too find out

Gee Ch9 doesn't have the AFL finals for the rest of the year, but they still won't show the Knights game at a decent time slot :evil:

Missa

Juniors
well i only lasted till 9pm.....when it was 16-2...i left the tv found my radio...and sulked and sulked hearing the result...lolol
so sad ...so disappointing....but lets look forward to next year now
go u good things

Leasha

Juniors
Missa said:
well i only lasted till 9pm.....when it was 16-2...i left the tv found my radio...and sulked and sulked hearing the result...lolol
so sad ...so disappointing....but lets look forward to next year now
go u good things

LMAO haha Missa I did exactly the same... I felt really guilty as I crept over to the radio and found the right station, but I just couldnt wait... especially when the scoreline looked like it was going to blow out so much!

Missa

Juniors
lol.....yeh i thought i was soooooooooo good i sat and cheered on the warriors and waited for our game......living in hope of an upset....it got to 16-2...and that was it...i said to my bf.....this is a joke...im getting my radio and seeing if we at least put up a fight,....ahhhhhhhhh....so sad when i heard it was 36-8.......sniff sniff.....but i did well to last that long...lol