What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waiting....Waiting....Waiting

Disco

Bench
for the Canberra fans to flood the forum, telling us how tonguey was robbed:lol:

PS. i believe he should have been a token selection

rooster69

Juniors
Always gives 100% .....but an Aust jumper ?

Agreed - It would have been a nice reward to name him on the train on squad....but really it means jack all, so I dont think Tongue would be licking his wounds on this issue.

borat

Bench
rooster69 said:
Always gives 100% .....but an Aust jumper ?

Agreed - It would have been a nice reward to name him on the train on squad....but really it means jack all, so I dont think Tongue would be licking his wounds on this issue.

To be named on the train on squad and yet be no chance for selection would be a pain in the ar*e for the player. Instead of boozing up and going on holiday like the rest of the team you gotta keep training and stay fit. Unless I was being seriously considered I think I would rather the holiday at the end of a long season.

Raider_69

Post Whore
the test selection has always been a farce
i feel bad for tonguey who throughly deserved selection, regardless of what you blind fools ansd the selectors thing, from a raiders point of view, very happy, the more time he has off to rest the better he'll be for us next year

captain tongue will carve it a new one AGAIN next year

yobbo84

Coach
I don't know how Jarryd Hayne made the squad. He showed again yesterday he's about as good a defensive winger as Shannon Hegarty (although he did play for Aus - go figure).

I feel sorry for Tonguey.. especially considering there isn't a wealth of talent vying for the lock position.

Choppies

Coach
yobbo84 said:
I don't know how Jarryd Hayne made the squad. He showed again yesterday he's about as good a defensive winger as Shannon Hegarty (although he did play for Aus - go figure).

I feel sorry for Tonguey.. especially considering there isn't a wealth of talent vying for the lock position.

Hegs played for Aus when he had his heart in his game, Plus the fact a heap of players pulled out :crazy:

Danish

Referee
Considering some of the absolute pieces of sh*t that have been named in the train on squad i Tongue should have been named for sure.

IMO he would do just fine as a bench player for Australia. Can cover the hooking role and all the backrow. Certainly wouldn't do any worse than some of the nuffys like Waterhouse that have been there before him.

skeepe

Immortal
Do the selectors seriously believe that Stapleton and Waterhouse had better seasons than ALL the Raiders players? That'll do me.

Yet another Tri Nations where I hope anyone but Australia wins...

lockyno1

Post Whore
Skeepe, name a Raiders player that would make the test side! I can't think of one!

Tongue- Behind plenty of backrowers
Shif- Off to Yawnion!
Carney- No chance. Halfbacks in front of him.

Who else?

skeepe

Immortal
Will Craig Stapleton make the test side? What about Nathan Merritt? Trent Waterhouse?

All these players made the train-on squad. Are you seriously trying to tell me that Trent Waterhouse had a better season than Alan Tongue?

Locky you have, once again, proven yourself to be an idiot of the highest order.

The fact remains that selection in the train-on squad, whether you make the final squad or not, is recognition for performance during the year. The vendetta against Raiders players continues.

mxlegend99

Referee
skeepe said:
Do the selectors seriously believe that Stapleton and Waterhouse had better seasons than ALL the Raiders players? That'll do me.

Yet another Tri Nations where I hope anyone but Australia wins...
Stapleton? Deserves it.
Waterhouse? Hell no.
Waterhouse is sh*t. Stapleton has been awesome. Tongue deserves it over Waterhouse, but not Stapleton. Although they aren't competing for the same spot anyway.

lockyno1

Post Whore
skeepe said:
Will Craig Stapleton make the test side? What about Nathan Merritt? Trent Waterhouse?

All these players made the train-on squad. Are you seriously trying to tell me that Trent Waterhouse had a better season than Alan Tongue?

Locky you have, once again, proven yourself to be an idiot of the highest order.

The fact remains that selection in the train-on squad, whether you make the final squad or not, is recognition for performance during the year. The vendetta against Raiders players continues.

Lets compare the 2 players, Waterhouse and Tongue. Waterhouse has played test and SOO before. Tongue hasn't. So if there were a massive amount of injuries, I would pick Waterhouse ahead of Tongue. But lets face it neither should have been picked. One wrong decision (Waterhouse), doesn't mean it is right to make another wrong decision! There are planty of backrowers around and are all featuring in the finals series that will be picked ahead of either of them.

mxlegend99

Referee
skeepe said:
Nope. None of them will. Stapleton would be great if he did.

skeepe said:
As a Penny supporter. I'd take Tongue any day of the week. Waterhouse should be off the bench IMO.

gph

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Skeepe, name a Raiders player that would make the test side! I can't think of one!

Tongue- Behind plenty of backrowers
Shif- Off to Yawnion!
Carney- No chance. Halfbacks in front of him.

Who else?

You can go through all the people in the train on squad and obviously when the real team is selected most of them won't make it. So why select any extras at all if you're going to consider who will make this test team?

JJ

Immortal
skeepe said:

no, but he's a better player than Tongue

Raider_69

Post Whore
if stapleton casn make it, tongue had to be a certainity
by no means a shot at staples either, he has been awesome this year and was duely rewarded for his form, the only difference between he and tongue is Stapleton doesnt play for canberra

The shear fact Waterhouse has been named and tongue hasnt is proof that the selectors have some form of hatred for canberra. There is no way in the world that Waterhouse has had a better season then Tongue.

This "he wont make the tri nations squad" sh*t is rubbish, 60% of the wanks named thus far wont make the tri nations squad, but they all got a train on jersey. Tongue has been shafted but its not the first time this season and i gather it wont be for the last time in his career.

JJ

Immortal
selection for the train on squad and Aust is not a reward for having a good season, or at least it shouldn't be.

So Tongue should not be there IMO. But, if Stapleton is then Tongue should be too