What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wakefield-Castleford Match Summary

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Wakefield 39 Castleford 18

Attendance:6,673

Highlights:
-Not many really. One I can think of is our first half try. It's a shame Paul Mellor has signed for Cronulla, especially given that a lot of Cronulla fans don't want him. I guess we'll have to get used to it.
-In the past, we would have destructed after conceding two quick tries straight after half time. The players kept their heads up, and were rewarded with a few tries near the end. I know it doesn't make up for the second half performance, but like I said I'm struggling for positives.

Lowlights:
-I really did think Wakefield were there for the taking. But, in the opening minutes after the half time interval we seemed to fall apart. If we had contained Wakefield in that crucial patch, we could have pushed them a lot closer.

Estimated Cas Fans: 2000-2500

How were the Cas Fans? When we were stood together during the first half, we made a bit of noise. Yet again, we didn't have much to shout about.

Comedy Moment: Take your pick from
-That dog. Why someone brought it into the ground I don't know.
-Brad Davis. After he scored a try, a few Wakefield fans in the terrace behind the post were singing something like 'Davis is a Wildcat.' He then turned round, and shook his finger as if to say no. There aren't many characters left in the game, I think Davis is one of the few left.

In a nutshell: After getting our hopes up by beating (thrashing more like) Widnes, the players let themselves down. Like I said before, I thought we could beat Wakefield. It's Huddersfield away on Sunday, a team we know we can beat. We were very unlucky to lose their in the opening match of the season, so hopefully we can make amends.
It looks like it's between us and Widnes now. A crucial game for us will be when we play Widnes away, a ground we have yet to win at in Super League. I'm not sure about you, but I'm not confident.

Please note these are my views and not those of the supporters club