What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
He’s got a point.
Nobody likes a hypocrite. If you are the free speech guy (FSG) and that’s the way you want to run your business, cool. But don’t pretend to be the FSG if it comes with caveats or bullshit boundaries.

Anyway, punters are slowly working out by their own observations that X isn’t delivering what is on the tin and Elon is a loose unit.

Terry Jones Jesus GIF by MOODMAN

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nobody likes a hypocrite. If you are the free speech guy (FSG) and that’s the way you want to run your business, cool. But don’t pretend to be the FSG if it comes with caveats or bullshit boundaries.
It has to come with boundaries to placate governments. But if they overstep and try to render his platform worthless for everyone, like Australia's former Twitter employee is trying to do, then he has to push back. People aren't on Twitter to hear from the likes of Coca-Cola Amatil and the LNP. Those organisations have their own websites. People are on Twitter so they can bond over the shit they don't like. But until Musk took over it was just lefties who had that privilege.

"If you don't like it get your own social media!!!"
Anyway, punters are slowly working out by their own observations that X isn’t delivering what is on the tin and Elon is a loose unit.
For plenty of punters this is a feature, not a bug.

Gronk

Staff member
It has to come with boundaries to placate governments. But if they overstep and try to render his platform worthless for everyone, like Australia's former Twitter employee is trying to do, then he has to push back. People aren't on Twitter to hear from the likes of Coca-Cola Amatil and the LNP. Those organisations have their own websites. People are on Twitter so they can bond over the shit they don't like. But until Musk took over it was just lefties who had that privilege.

"If you don't like it get your own social media!!!"

For plenty of punters this is a feature, not a bug.
No, you’re missing what I said.

It’s his business, so he can run it how he likes. Just like the previous owners.

Just don’t tell me it’s fat or gluten free, if it’s not. Likewise, don’t tell me that it’s the vestibule for free speech if it’s not.

I guess what shits me is the fake FSG tough guy over an actual stabbing video whilst he simultaneously is the free speech pussy when the Zionists snap their fingers. Coward.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, you’re missing what I said.

It’s his business, so he can run it how he likes. Just like the previous owners.

Just don’t tell me it’s fat or gluten free, if it’s not. Likewise, don’t tell me that it’s the vestibule for free speech if it’s not.
But it is! It's the only place you can say plenty of stuff. But if you want to indulge in antisemitism you need to f**k off to 4chan.
I guess what shits me is the fake FSG tough guy over an actual stabbing video whilst he simultaneously is the free speech pussy when the Zionists snap their fingers. Coward.
Merkins are already desperate to call him a Nazi. Stomping on antisemitism is necessary for staying on the internet and selling advertising. He knows what the 'anti-Zionist' left wing crowd is up to. They exist to cancel people who step out of line, and Elon Musk is top of their list.

Gronk

Staff member
But it is! It's the only place you can say plenty of stuff. But if you want to indulge in antisemitism you need to f**k off to 4chan.

Merkins are already desperate to call him a Nazi. Stomping on antisemitism is necessary for staying on the internet and selling advertising. He knows what the 'anti-Zionist' left wing crowd is up to. They exist to cancel people who step out of line, and Elon Musk is top of their list.
Thank you for your comments.

Delboy

First Grade
The Labor Party’s major policy is to carpet bomb the opposition leader, it worked with ScoMo and now it’s Dutton’s turn.
The issue they have is they have as front benchers, Bowen, Chalmers, Plibasek, Burke, Gallagher and led by Airbus Albo.

The inadequate response to cost of living, electricity etc will not help as the country heads to the next election. When you can only govern with the support of Greens and Teals, it’s doesn’t lead to good outcomes.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Albo is only with $5m whilst Dutton is worth $300m.
Should only working class political leaders champion the working class? The elites would f**king love that. Having Lambie or Hanson or God forbid, Phillip Thompson OAM, running the LNP would play right into their hands. Even working class political movements need elites in charge, whether they are ideologues or grifters. This is why you try and wedge the likes of Dutton and Trump over their net worth.

the phantom menace

First Grade
A Dave Chapelle TikTok presented as (pseudo-intellectual?) support of an opinion in the politics and current affairs thread 😂.

That's worse than the Pauline Hanson channel content shared by someone else earlier...

Penrith fan

Juniors

Terry Jones Jesus GIF by MOODMAN
In the same way, if you want to take down violent content, the Government should start by taking down violent content on the ABC web page and the ABC twitter page. There are still videos of aboriginal stabbing police offices on those sites. The government just preaches like hypocrites. That is all sides of government.

What we need is less government intervention because invariably governments make things worse not better.

Gronk

Staff member
In the same way, if you want to take down violent content, the Government should start by taking down violent content on the ABC web page and the ABC twitter page. There are still videos of aboriginal stabbing police offices on those sites. The government just preaches like hypocrites. That is all sides of government.

What we need is less government intervention because invariably governments make things worse not better.
Huge if true. Got some links ?