What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waldron an AFL/Union plant?

Lego_Man

First Grade
With details of the horrendous mismanagement of the club emerging one must ask questions about the honesty and motivations of the senior executives.

It is well known that Waldron has an AFL background. He is now CEO of the Melbourne Rebels. It seems all too convenient that the details of this rorting come to light only months after his departure. A parting shot on behalf of his new paymasters?

Is it possible that the greatest atrocity against the game has been committed by its enemies, from the inside?

RL is done as a force South of the Border.

This is a momentous event on par with the Super League War. If anyone wanted any evidence as to what forces there are out there that want League dead, there should now be no doubt.

Chook Norris

First Grade
One of the first things i thought of.. he should be sentenced to death for shaming the great game of Rugby League

OVP

Coach
I wouldnt be surprised if you turned out to be 100% correct. Waldron is a wanted man.

Let me wring his neck first. Dirty Fugger.
Matt hanson is also an AFL stooge.f**k him too. Dirty merkin.
Reebs was also a consultant to the club. He deserves a big f**k U too.
I feel betrayed and sodomised at the same time.

Last edited:

Lego_Man

First Grade
All i know is the Game has been shafted today in the worst possible fashion. Incompetency doesnt go far enough to explain this, it is corruption of the worst kind.

Waldron will be getting a simultaneous blow job from Demetriou and O'Neill at this very moment, League is on its knees.

boonboon

Juniors
Waldron will be charged with Fraud I would say and will struggle to get another job in sport. Whatever some think of News Limited they wouldnt have had any idea about this because trust me having worked for big companies this stuff is definatly not allowed and they will drive everyone involved in this out and out quickly and criminal charges will be pressed I would say

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I wouldnt be surprised if you turned out to be 100% correct. Waldron is a wanted man.
Well he has been marked by News Ltd.

News Limited, who own the Storm, was represented at Thursday's NRL media conference with its chairman John Hartigan accusing Waldron of being the main "architect" behind the rorting of the salary cap.

He said there is no place for Waldron in Australian professional sport.

"In my view if we are to be honest as a company and as a sport, than we should look further than rugby league," Hartigan said.

"We don't want people like that in sport in Australia."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/04/22/2880476.htm?section=justin

From the same article, the Rebels have indicated they pretty cautious about Waldron's credentials.

Rebels coach Rod Macqueen says it will be the franchise's board who will
decide on the future of Waldron in light of his alleged role in the
Storm's rorting of the salary cap.

Looks like union will also feel the spill, and Waldron is in everyone's sights.

m0nty

Juniors
Ribot should be mentioned in this conversation too. Not that he was a plant, which is obviously ridiculous, but that he was only in it for himself and couldn't give a tinker's about the fabric of the sport. Ribot should be sacked and barred from any RL position in future.

_snafu_

Immortal
With details of the horrendous mismanagement of the club emerging one must ask questions about the honesty and motivations of the senior executives.

It is well known that Waldron has an AFL background. He is now CEO of the Melbourne Rebels. It seems all too convenient that the details of this rorting come to light only months after his departure. A parting shot on behalf of his new paymasters?

Is it possible that the greatest atrocity against the game has been committed by its enemies, from the inside?

RL is done as a force South of the Border.

This is a momentous event on par with the Super League War. If anyone wanted any evidence as to what forces there are out there that want League dead, there should now be no doubt.

No way. Is wrecking a game worth a potential gaol term? The f**kwit could be charged for this sh*t.

Eels Dude

Coach
Waldron will be charged with Fraud I would say and will struggle to get another job in sport. Whatever some think of News Limited they wouldnt have had any idea about this because trust me having worked for big companies this stuff is definatly not allowed and they will drive everyone involved in this out and out quickly and criminal charges will be pressed I would say

Agreed. Back when I worked at Liquorland (Coles) we weren't allowed to change a lightbulb ourselves. Big companies have the most stringent policies than anyone else. John Hartigan's stance in the press conference proves that without fail.

This conspiracy theory is rubbish though. Why would Waldron leak this info when he knew if he did he would be facing fraud charges and become the scapegoat. He'd be the last person in the entire world to leak this information.

Last edited:

nqcowboy87

Bench
if waldron is indeed the architect and it would seem highly likely (im not saying anything) but if he is he needs to be hung dry and quartered

Noa

First Grade
My thread just got deleted, didnt see this one. I will be back soon with articles backing my claims that rorting of the salary cap is 2nd nature where Waldron came from.

OVP

Coach
I think this has the stench of AwFuL all over it. Including that slug, Demetriou.

Parra

Referee
In a day for moronic posts this one stands out. To suggest that other sports had anything to do with this is desperate and stupid.

Noa

First Grade
You are a fking moron.

Of course they werent behind it but the people who perpreted this crime are from AFL, they learnt there tricks there.

And if you lived in Melbourne youd hear the rumours you dickhead.