What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walker

sheet_ed

Juniors
I just want to say congrats to Bellamy for dropping Chris Walker for being late for training.

Even if it was Inglis, Smith, Croker, etc they know what is expected and they know how to act. I would say the same, even if we had lost.

Walker had the door WIDE OPEN to resurrect his career and he walks straight into a wall.

Maybe this is the best thing for Chris it should get him back on track. I have nothing but respect for his ability, but players like who do what is expected from them, command a lot more respect from their peers and supporters.

Walker needs the Storm and Bellamy more than the Storm need him. He is about to set himself up to join the "what the hell ever happened to ..." club. Which is full of guys with heaps of ability and zero maturity.

I just hope he get himself on track as I would love to see him back to where he could be.

shadow grinder

First Grade
i agree with the above.

Players are expected to be at training on time so they should be there....dont matter if its cronk, slater, inglis...anyone!

LESStar58

Referee
is that why he got dropped? i had no idea.

Pity for Chris. I too have a lot of respect for him as a player of tremendous ability. Hopefully he'll get a chnace to redeem himself. But if he didnt play who was the other centre last night?

Hammershark

Juniors
Chris Walker has already had t many chances and gives away a lot of penelties. To be honest I don't think he deserves t6o make your team anyway

LESStar58

Referee
Webster will be deadset gone come Tuesday for his dangerous throw. In the event Ingliss is left out Steve Turner will go to fullback I see the backline going like so...

1. Turner
2. Geyer
3. King
4. ???
5. Walker
6. Hill
7. Cronk

riccardo

Juniors
Agreed, just because we are in Melbourne and away from the Rugby League heartland dosen't mean the players can do what they please in terms of club responsibilities. In fact, it may make them more important.

I'm clapping this decision.

sheet_ed said:
I just want to say congrats to Bellamy for dropping Chris Walker for being late for training.
I herd that on thr FOX commentary also.

I doubt it is correct. . *disclaimer- I have no evidence to support this statment

MONY

Juniors
do we know why he was late, what if it was cause of traffic.... do we know if it was because he is a lazy bastard or not??

brendothejet

First Grade
I think Chris Walker is a bit of a could have been. He had some great times but has pissd it away.

Also he is a bit of a cat. He isnt really one to put the hand up.

IO'm more worried by blokes like Webster, Inglis, King and Slater than by Walker.

If he was late because of his own actions then being dropped was deserved but if it was because of traffic etc then I reckon he was unlucky ??.

shadow grinder

First Grade
if it was his first training session yes. but he must know what the traffic is like by now and should know that if the traffic is always busy maybe leave home earlier.

We all know that Walker comes with a rep..give him his penalty and give him another chance. We need him because our backline is thin.

We need another back to cover injuries - does anyone know if any players are coming off contract that we could target. Someone who could play utility role.