What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wallace - Goneskies?

mxlegend99

Referee
badav said:
I dont blame the Panthers for dropping Wallace.

But dont pull the wool over your eyes. If the coach wanted the best team on the park he would have punted overpaid Gower and Priddis ages ago. Ive watched most of the Panthers games this season and Wallace has contributed alot more to your team than both of them combined.

Also is it true that the Panthers club did not make Peter Wallace an offer to stay?? If so how can he be blamed for signing with another club, i am curious to know.
I think the fact we didn't match the Broncos offer, or close to it, just strengthens that we didn't see him as being THAT good of a player. I think he has been slightly overrated. He has skill, but he isn't a great player just yet. I'm sure Bennett could fix that though.

His manager claims he would have stayed with us for less then what Brisbane paid, but we didn't feel comfortable matching it.

Panthers dropped him because of form mostly. The fact he will be with Broncos next year, means that there's no reason to wait for him to fully develop. If he was carving up like he did against Manly every game, he would have kept his spot. But the past 2 weeks his form has been down, and Blair has been absolutely killing it in Premier League.

I expect if he carves up in Premier League and Blair is struggling in first grade, Wallace will get his jersey back. Although i honestly would rather see it go to Firman first. He deserves his chance to play 5/8. I thought he and Gower would be our halves this year. Still waiting for him to get a chance.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Matt Elliott was just on ch 10 news saying that comments of Wallace's manager make him look like a sook, which could be grounds for Wallace to get a new manager. :lol:

Wallace was also qouted as saying that his happy to serve out the remainder of his contract

choc_soldier

Coach
Knowing Wallace, he'll give it 110% in PL - and he will more than likely be back in first grade before the season is out, one way or another.

It is funny that every article on the matter today has only quoted his manager, with nothing said by Peter himself.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
As a parramatta supporter i really rate peter wallace. But to drop one of your most consistent players to PL is the most obsurd thing i have ever heard!!!! And not only that but replace him with untried youngsters.

f**k me, no wonder your team is second last on the ladder, the morale as the club must be at an all time low. Also why hasn't the same thing happened to Joel Clinton???

If your not going to play him its best letting the bastard go. Just because he has signed with the Broncs doesnt mean he should be dropped.

We have the same with Timana Tahu to union, but do we drop Tahu to PL???? Answer? f**k No!

mightypanther

Juniors
BxTom said:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=66319

Elliott appears to be putting Gainey in his place and, according to the article, is correcting a few stories. Appears Gainey is worried about his future credibility with players in relation to current happenings. Interesting read.

Cheers,
Tom.

:lol: Stick it to him Elliott.:lol:

Stupid git should have actually spoken to his client first before he opened his big mouth.

The NRL should ban all player managers from EVER opening their mouths to the media, because almost every time they do, a few days down the track, the players will be quoted as saying the opposite of the crap that their managers had been slopping around.

And I think Elliott's right. Wallace should look into getting a new manager. Preferably one that hates public speaking.:lol:

choc_soldier

Coach
mightypanther said:
The NRL should ban all player managers from EVER opening their mouths to the media, because almost every time they do, a few days down the track, the players will be quoted as saying the opposite of the crap that their managers had been slopping around..

I agree. You have to dismiss the credibility of any story that only quotes the manager, but not the player. Unfortunately, this trend has been increasing a lot lately.

Let the player or club speak for themselves. The role of the manager is to manage their affairs, not be their spokesman.

badav

Bench
choc_soldier said:
Knowing Wallace, he'll give it 110% in PL - and he will more than likely be back in first grade before the season is out, one way or another.

It is funny that every article on the matter today has only quoted his manager, with nothing said by Peter himself.

Theres been snippets of what Wallace has said himself, its mainly along the lines of that he is keen to stick out the rest of the season, and doesnt want to step on anyones toes at brisbane by coming early. It is a case of his manager going a bit overboard.

jayjayselmes said:
As a parramatta supporter i really rate peter wallace. But to drop one of your most consistent players to PL is the most obsurd thing i have ever heard!!!! And not only that but replace him with untried youngsters.

f**k me, no wonder your team is second last on the ladder, the morale as the club must be at an all time low. Also why hasn't the same thing happened to Joel Clinton???

If your not going to play him its best letting the bastard go. Just because he has signed with the Broncs doesnt mean he should be dropped.

We have the same with Timana Tahu to union, but do we drop Tahu to PL???? Answer? f**k No!

First off all this coming from a supporter of a club who at best are known as chokers im sure we dont need to be reminded of the 2005 gf series.

Whose own fans spat at and booed off the field numerous times over the past few seasons.

I hardly think your opinion is unbiased.

And your point on tahu i recall numerous times when parra have lined up with tahu out of position due to bad form, use have dropped numerous players to pl for bad form, so to criticise us when our coach appeared on national news and stated that wallace was dropped because of his lack of form in our previous match is bloody rediculous.

We all no wally isnt the only player with bad form i think a few other need to be dropped too.

The fact is he stated he didnt sign when he did he has been out of form and when in form not all that great either.

So i hardly think anyone can complain/

Munky

Coach
The big problem with dropping Wallace is that he was chiefly responsible for wins over two top 3 sides (at the time).

Gower, Priddo and Wesser haven't looked anywhere near their match winning best. By dropping Wallce we could be up sh*t creek.

Even in our two other wins Wallace starred.

Lime_Green

Juniors
I'm not impressed by how Panthers management and Matthew Elliott have handled the Wallace fiasco.

Why did Elliott tell Wallace he wasn't dropped on form, and tell the media he was dropped on form?

And why is Wallace playing in the centres in PL??? That just seems nasty and punitive IMO. :?

Kilkenny

Coach
Lime_Green said:
I'm not impressed by how Panthers management and Matthew Elliott have handled the Wallace fiasco.

Why did Elliott tell Wallace he wasn't dropped on form, and tell the media he was dropped on form?

And why is Wallace playing in the centres in PL??? That just seems nasty and punitive IMO. :?

Why do Raiders fans continue to be so obsessed with what Matt Elliot does or doesn't do!

Move on. We dont care that your not impressed with our management or Elliot.

Lime_Green

Juniors
It's been in the general rugby league press, which believe it or not Raiders fans read! :crazy:

The Panthers recently announced the signing of one of our Premier League halves. Should we shuffle him out to the centres?

I just feel that Penrith have lacked class in dealing with this. I can understand not wanting to commit anymore time/money/energy in developing Wallace as your first grade half, but putting him in the centres in PL is a slap in the face IMO. He won't be playing in the centres for the Broncos come 2008. You may as well just let him go.

The Rhino

Juniors
Could you please point out where Peter Wallace has whinged about being dropped? Obviously the coach felt Pete wasn't playing the way the coach wanted him to ie NOT FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS and decided to try and bring about a change of fortunes for the club.
The only person/people to lack any credibility or have handled the so-called fiasco badly is Wallace's manager, Allan Gainey. Yes the club didn't handled his contract negiations well but neither did Gainey.
HOW DO YOU KNOW what Elliot said to Wallace? Because of what you read in paper, because Allan Gainey said so. Gees, didn't realise that Gainey's word was gospel!!! As I have already said, I was surprised that Wallace was dropped, even more surprised to see him named as centre but the only person whinging is his manager.

Lime_Green

Juniors
You're seriously trying to argue that Wallace is happy to be shifted into centre in PL and that his manager is making all this up about Wallace being devastated?

Come on. No player likes being dropped to PL, especially if he is going to be shifted out of position for other players that are yet to prove anything at FG level.

If Penrith really are keeping Wallace for depth in case of injuries why are they playing him out of position? Sounds like he's going to be stuck in PL playing out of position all year as a punishment for leaving Penrith.

Either let the poor bloke go or show him a semblance of respect and at least allow him to play in position in the lower grades.

mightypanther

Juniors

The only direct quote that has come from Wallace is that he wants to see the season out and try to get his spot back in first grade.

Anything else is crap from his manager, and is a non issue.

mxlegend99

Referee
Lime_Green said:
You're seriously trying to argue that Wallace is happy to be shifted into centre in PL and that his manager is making all this up about Wallace being devastated?

Come on. No player likes being dropped to PL, especially if he is going to be shifted out of position for other players that are yet to prove anything at FG level.

If Penrith really are keeping Wallace for depth in case of injuries why are they playing him out of position? Sounds like he's going to be stuck in PL playing out of position all year as a punishment for leaving Penrith.

Either let the poor bloke go or show him a semblance of respect and at least allow him to play in position in the lower grades.
His form did warrant being dropped. He was directly traded with Maurice Blair.

Firman and Trindall are both playing well enough to keep their spots in Premier League. Although i personally thing Trindall should have been fired long ago, and that Firman should be halfback, Wallace 5/8 in Premier League. I also believe we're going to give Firman a go in first grade soon, maybe Wallace will play 5/8 then?

BxTom

Bench
Could be that Firman gets a shot this weekend with Wallace 5/8 in his place? Just a guess, but Elliott does like to ring in late changes.

Tom

Lime_Green

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
His form did warrant being dropped. He was directly traded with Maurice Blair.

Firman and Trindall are both playing well enough to keep their spots in Premier League. Although i personally thing Trindall should have been fired long ago, and that Firman should be halfback, Wallace 5/8 in Premier League. I also believe we're going to give Firman a go in first grade soon, maybe Wallace will play 5/8 then?

Any chance Elliott is planning to use him as a centre in case of injury to one of your top line centres?

The Panthers seem to have plenty of halves at the moment, so not much point keeping him on for depth in that department.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not sure. We'll see how the teams come out this weekend. Another reason he could be playing centre is Richie Williams is likely to drop off our first grade bench, and Elliott would probably want him playing alongside Firman in the halves of Premier League.

Something is going on with the teams named, at any rate. The number 16 jersey in first grade wasn't named, the number 14 in premier league was also not named. So god knows what the plans are. We'll find out tomorrow. Maurice Blair could have been selected simply for his defence. He can play lock, and is pretty solid. Wallace is a good defender, but Steve Price is almost unstoppable. But if you can stop him, you will win the game.

Latest posts