What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waqa Blake appreciation thread

Noise

Coach
You would never know until you try it everyone said that Mitchell can’t make the switch for the bunnies he proved his critics wrong we have nothing to lose if we tried.
Latrell had played fullback all through his juniors. He had even played some games at 6 for the Roosters. There were plenty of indicators that he could play fullback.

And We have plenty to lose, like more games and not even making the semis.

Eelspride

Juniors
That’s why we play trials and have off season training I completely understand your point but you can’t die wondering at least it gives us a second option if needed.

Noise

Coach
That’s why we play trials and have off season training I completely understand your point but you can’t die wondering at least it gives us a second option if needed.
What makes you think he could play fullback? The fact he is big and fast? That describes most of the outside backs in the NRL. That he is big and fast means he would make a good winger and still be effective on kick returns.

Reasons why he can't play fullback:
Can't pass
Hasn't shown an ounce of play making ability
Lacks fitness for a fullback
A history of making questionable decisions in defence hence you don't want him organising a defensive line

Lemon Squash

First Grade
What makes you think he could play fullback? The fact he is big and fast? That describes most of the outside backs in the NRL. That he is big and fast means he would make a good winger and still be effective on kick returns.

Reasons why he can't play fullback:
Can't pass
Hasn't shown an ounce of play making ability
Lacks fitness for a fullback
A history of making questionable decisions in defence hence you don't want him organising a defensive line
Add questionable at defusing attacking kicks, Gutho is safe as a house under the high ball and his positioning for grubbers/chips is first class.

Eelspride

Juniors
Add questionable at defusing attacking kicks, Gutho is safe as a house under the high ball and his positioning for grubbers/chips is first class.
No doubt that Gutho is the safer option but he lacks that special killer instinct with his running from his try line I’m sure you know what I’m talking about he needs to improve running game he hardly makes that special line break bringing the ball forward he’s far from the caliber of trebiovice excuse the spelling here or a tedesco as you know fullback position is becoming as the third or forth play maker
Your halves ,hooker and fullback is the team spine looking at parra we don’t have a backup fullback that’s why training another player in that position is important.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Last thing we need is complicating Waqa's game by putting him to FB.

He doesn't have enough footy IQ. He doesn't pass the ball naturally thats why when he does do it. It comes across as looking awkward. Keep his role simple thats why i would have him on the wing.

Plus he doesn't seem like a big talker which is exactly the opposite of what you need at the back.

emjaycee

Coach
You would never know until you try it everyone said that Mitchell can’t make the switch for the bunnies he proved his critics wrong we have nothing to lose if we tried.
Actually, we have the chance to lose our recent stranglehold on finishing with a top 6 spot. In fact, we have never been out of the top 6 since he joined.

Eelspride

Juniors
If I was about to cark it the last thing I would think about would be whether Waqa would have made a good fullback. Paul Carige will probably enter my mind though and Ashley Klein too the merkin.
Fair enough you do have a point but the players you mentioned are yet to play NRL but I guess should an opportunity arise for them to show what they can provide in that position otherwise any long term injury to Gutho we would be in real trouble we must have a decent backup if we’re going to improve on this year’s effort.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Latrell had played fullback all through his juniors. He had even played some games at 6 for the Roosters. There were plenty of indicators that he could play fullback.

And We have plenty to lose, like more games and not even making the semis.
Yeah he and Bevan French were the two gun junior fullbacks coming through.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Fair enough you do have a point but the players you mentioned are yet to play NRL but I guess should an opportunity arise for them to show what they can provide in that position otherwise any long term injury to Gutho we would be in real trouble we must have a decent backup if we’re going to improve on this year’s effort.
Paul Carige has played plenty of first grade.

Gronk

Staff member
Got released by his super league club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Actually, we have the chance to lose our recent stranglehold on finishing with a top 6 spot. In fact, we have never been out of the top 6 since he joined.
And since getting rid of him we have failed to make the finals twice. Waqa Blake must be one of those blokes who makes the players around him better. Or maybe they just look better.

Latest posts