What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warren Mcdonnell - Here is my Player Profile

Judging by the calibre of players Warren has been targeting for recruitment, I thought I may as well throw my hat in the ring.

It is widely known that Warren attends Management's Thursday night Poker sessions at coach Sheens' house. Some cynics claim that he only goes to take advantage of the Thursday night buffet provided by the Coach. However, I know that his real motivation is to put his poker skills to the test. Apparently Warren folds every hand, but when a pair of 3s, such as Danny Galea, or worse a 7-3 combo like Peter Lewis appear on the horizon Warren raises 50c's and gets his man. Thats why they call him the guru.

No doubt players like Roy Asotasi and Mark Omealy will soon be reciving their formal offer from the Tigers. Warren prefers the snail mail way of doing business. He posted them hand written letters, including a couple of vouchers and an offer for 9 holes of golf at Warren's local Camden Valley about 9 months ago. As Mr McD said with in relation to all the top liners, we had our name in the ring.

Of course, I was a superb player in my day with a great left hand offload, although I haven't pulled on the boots in years. However, with the guru at the helm I might be considered for a contract. My stats speak for themselves:

Club - Oberon
Age 40 +
Appearance 81 (1983-1992, One appearance in 1999)
Tries - 6
Averages Yards Per Hit Up - 5.7
Average Metres per game - 67
Poker Tips - Slow and Steady wins the race
Favourite Tigers player - Shannon

Hahahahaha. Like many of ronald's signings you make an appearence then disappear to the confines of PL (or worse) and re-appear about 6 weeks later. Your posting regularity is on a par with the regularity of good games produced by the likes of Buettner, Harris, O'Hara, Lolesi, Jobson, Rieck, Sattler, Graham. No wonder they have decided not to externally recruit.

Reminds me of when Graeme Souness was Southampton manager and he signed a bloke (Ali Daeh) on the basis that said player was George Weah's cousin .. sight unseen. Sounds like something ronald would do

Ghipo

Juniors
5 years later he is still there Good work resigning Moltzen and finding nothings like Blair.
Enough is enough How about you retire so we can employ a professional to do the recruiting in future.

The Rosco

Bench
I thought it was deja vu all over again there for a minute . . . Croydon dog food, MOTH . . . It was like the good old days.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
I have it on good authority that our chief of recruitment will be at LO on Saturday. From the Balmain DJRL

"Mini Exhibition Games
Games will commence at 1pm with a schedule to be finalised. Players will take the field using the players tunnel under the main grandstand, and are to depart the field at the Keith Barnes (Heritage) Stand end, where they will be presented with their participation trophy by BDJRL patron Mick Manning, and Ronald McDonald. Entry for participants is free, however parents will be required to pay the $6 entry fee."

It's good to see WT recruitment staff recruiting early ... they've got the 6yos and 36yos covered, now we just need to recruit the odd player in between those ages

super_coach

First Grade
Was talking to CDF on saturday night at the game and said its time to make a cameo,I mean you could write a book on the bumbling efforts of our club in 2012. He said he could be tempted, but he said he has more pressing things on his mind with the great Oberon Tigers about to compete in their first final series since Adam played fullback for Jerusalem and Moses was second row

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Adam might have done better at fullback than he did at second f**king row this season
CDF should make a Fitzhenry/Moodie return to the fold, though hopefully with far more success

super_coach

First Grade
Adam might have done better at fullback than he did at second f**king row this season
CDF should make a Fitzhenry/Moodie return to the fold, though hopefully with far more success

Unlike Sheens I think CDF wanted to leave at the top of his game rather than in the gutters, but hey he could do a smokey the fireman and return in a blaze of not so glory. Anyway a very long off season with very little to look forward to other than the thought of seeing sizzler the garden gnome putting out the witches hats again and giving the boys their last minute inspirational words of advice before they do battle might be enough to get him back on his beloved Remington type writer and pound out some good advice on the meaning of life and of course his beloved WestsTigers

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Is the great Royce Simmons being signed on a package deal with the flying fox that was meant to correct our tackling ? The flying fox probably resembled the Billy Slater of Queens Rd Five Dock as it sailed past our chuckling players. A flying fox, implemented by a dinosaur. The animal kingdom comes to Camp Concord

super_coach

First Grade
Is the great Royce Simmons being signed on a package deal with the flying fox that was meant to correct our tackling ? The flying fox probably resembled the Billy Slater of Queens Rd Five Dock as it sailed past our chuckling players. A flying fox, implemented by a dinosaur. The animal kingdom comes to Camp Concord

Its a good thing Royce is not playing in this day and age, imagine him trying to pass the concussion test!! One bout of concussion and he would never get back on the field again

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Royce would be great to have around the place
Games of eye spy on bus trips, tales of pillaging Kicks @ Parra LEagues on a Saturday night and playing in numerous fixed end of season games that ended 53-42 where the whole side had $200 on over 27.5 as it was back then with Col Tidy

Irvine

Juniors
Noticed him sitting next to coach Potter. How this guy has survived for so long with year after year sub standard recruiting is beyond me.

Latest posts