What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warrington Hicks and Monas Thread

The_Englishman

Juniors
Sunday 16th March

Bradford 23 - 10 Warrington

Hicks 1 try. Joint top of Super League try scoring chart with 8.

Monas taken off just short of the hour mark as a precaution after a knock.

Very poor performance from the Wolves.

Huddersfield next on 21st followed by Castleford on Monday 24th. Plenty of league over the easter weekend.

Will keep you posted again on how they both do.

Cheers for now.

Pumba

First Grade
Chris Hicks broke a Warrington record jointly held by the great Brian Bevan as the Wolves stayed within two points of the Super League leaders, Leeds, with a 30-14 win over Huddersfield.Hicks scored two tries to maintain his record of touching down in each of his club's first seven games. Bevan, the leading try-scorer in rugby league history, was one of three players who had scored in the first six matches of a season. Martin Gleeson also scored as the Wolves kept up their 100% home record.

LINK

Hicks is the leading tryscorer with 10 in 8 games. Monas is carrying a bit of a leg injury, so was rested agianst Huddersfield and probably Castleford. League Express are running a similiar setup to the Dally Ms, the Albert Goldthorpe Medal. Monas is heading it up here:
http://www.totalrl.com/medal/table.htm

Have a look at this, the fullback getting whalloped is Clint Greenshields!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ht-UnkXeYc

Get your money on Hicks for top try scorer too.

willvillain

Juniors
Haha, Chad Randall is fifth on that medal table. I have to admit I haven't followed how he's been going as much as I have Monas and Hicksey, but it just...it just makes me laugh a bit.

But seriously, two rounds in and I really think it is time to activate whatever made-up clause we can fit into Monas's contract that constitutes a direct swap for Ox and Monas. Big Max Delmege can cover any financial issues....

Cletus

First Grade
willvillain said:
Haha, Chad Randall is fifth on that medal table. I have to admit I haven't followed how he's been going as much as I have Monas and Hicksey, but it just...it just makes me laugh a bit.

But seriously, two rounds in and I really think it is time to activate whatever made-up clause we can fit into Monas's contract that constitutes a direct swap for Ox and Monas. Big Max Delmege can cover any financial issues....

Would be nice to get Monnas back. He's a bit younger than Orford as well. Won't happen though...
I think Donald is right up there in the try scorers as well.

kevin crouthers

Juniors
JS said:
No, it worked last year. The SkySports Booot N All show was how I watched Wakey highlights.

there's an oxymoron.

Talking about spider, if you have a look on youtube for chris hicks, bitch slap theres a clip oof a try he scored against catalan dragons the other week, putting clint greenshields on his arse.

Monas has simply been a star so far, and he's been hobbling on a knackered leg since january, so fingers crossed for when he's fully fit.

He's also leading our equivalent of the Dally m rankings in our RL rag.

EDIT, balls i hadn't seen all that above

supersaint

Juniors
They aint good enough!!! Wire that is!!!They are both decent players however I rate Hicks to be the better although maybe thats because it looks like he's settled in quicker.

Whoever is putting money on Monna to be Man of Steel DONT waste your money.

Latest posts