What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Very good performance all round after last week's debacle.

I thought young walker had a solid debut and has a bright NRL future. Hutchison also impressed me at 6 taking the line on regularly.

Forwards were all tremendous especially when the game was on the line early in the 2nd half. JWH was immense from the bench with controlled aggression unlike the rubbish last week.

3 teddy
2 Angus
1 JWH

Another SCG game against a mid table team next week. Need to bank those points for the inevitable teething issues in the halves we will have against the top sides

3. Teddy
2. Angus
1. B Moz

Very pleased with Sam (immortal in waiting) Walker’s debut. Didn’t overplay his hand and showed some lovely touches. Rusty Rads got the tough game he needed after a long absence. Great comeback to from for Jared - especially after last week’s debacle. We’ll need a repeat if Sitilli’s concussion renders him unavailable next week. Feet firmly on the ground after last night, though. Thought none of the Morris (god love ‘em) tries would’ve been scored against better opposition. They looked pretty soft although credit to them. Improved performances from Lussick and Hutcho. Will be interesting to see what happens with the latter when Lam becomes available again. I’m developing a man-crush for Angus. Guy gets involved in everything plus a great try saver when the game was still in the balance. Great attitude by all.

With some talent still sitting on the sidelines and young Walker’s prospects, I’m still approaching this year with an open mind.

Valheru

Coach
3. Teddy
2. Angus
1. B Moz

Very pleased with Sam (immortal in waiting) Walker’s debut. Didn’t overplay his hand and showed some lovely touches. Rusty Rads got the tough game he needed after a long absence. Great comeback to from for Jared - especially after last week’s debacle. We’ll need a repeat if Sitilli’s concussion renders him unavailable next week. Feet firmly on the ground after last night, though. Thought none of the Morris (god love ‘em) tries would’ve been scored against better opposition. They looked pretty soft although credit to them. Improved performances from Lussick and Hutcho. Will be interesting to see what happens with the latter when Lam becomes available again. I’m developing a man-crush for Angus. Guy gets involved in everything plus a great try saver when the game was still in the balance. Great attitude by all.

With some talent still sitting on the sidelines and young Walker’s prospects, I’m still approaching this year with an open mind.

I hope the media just let the kid play now. He will invariably fail against one of the better teams at some stage but he is 18 and it is all a learning experience.

Agree re: a couple of those tries but the most pleasing aspect of the performance for me was our defence. Up until the 50 minute mark that was a tight game and we save at least 2 tries I can think of with desperation and commitment before being rewarded with some late points.

I also have an open mind for this season, the way the comp is going we should still be putting the cleaners through the shit sides and beating the fringe 8 sides. Missing Keary makes winning the comp hard but I'm not prepared to say that (barring further long term injury) we aren't still a better side than both the Raiders and Eels. Penrith, Storm and Souths do look a step in front of us without Keary at the moment but who knows what will happen by end of season.

Last edited:

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. Teddy
2. Angus
1. JWH

Considering all the forced changes made to the side the win was really pleasing. I thought Hutchison was solid enough and should hold his spot in the halves with Walker, who btw was excellent.

I can see the attraction with having Manu shift to the halves but I thought there was already enough going on without further changing the side up any more. Maybe at some stage through the year we may see him there.

I’m assuming Collins will be right to go next week. Hopefully sitilli will be ok as well.

I hope the media just let the kid play now. He will invariably fail against one of the better teams at some stage but he is 18 and it is all a learning experience.

I’ve penciled in games against Storm, Penrith, Souths and possibly Parra/Canberra where Walker probably gets schooled but wouldn’t surprise if he holds his own.

Latest posts