What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors call out opponents for jersey switch

Martli

Coach
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/3415943/Warriors-call-out-opponents-for-jersey-switch

New Zealand Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah is angered that first round opponents Gold Coast have pulled an "unsportsmanlike" jersey switch ahead of their National Rugby League match next weekend.

Scurrah said both the Gold Coast Titans and Brisbane Broncos would wear their white away jersey for home matches against the Warriors, forcing his Auckland-based team to don their dark strip for matches in what is likely to be hot early-season conditions in Queensland. Both matches are scheduled for 1pm kickoffs (local time).

Scurrah noted the Titans were also launching a new strip so he thought it would have been logical for them to wear it in next Sunday's opening round match.

"For me there's only one reason they wouldn't. That's unsportsmanlike behaviour to try to give their team the advantage while perhaps overheating our guys in their black jerseys. It's disappointing," he told the Sunday News.

His Titans counterpart Michael Searle made no excuses for the move.
"It's a home game and one of the benefits of that is you get to make a choice on what you wear ... I'm sure if the position was reversed, Wayne would do the same."

So err... why have a black strip then? And 2nd: why is our strip not made out of the same material the black caps use that reflects heat despite its colour? Surely that would solve the problem...

Skinner

Coach
Scurrah has turned into a whingy whiney biatch.

One wonders if the boot was on the other foot........

ozbash

Referee
It is a bit low though, why have home - away strips ?

No more mr nice guy from Beasley Ave, put the boot in Wayne !

Skinner

Coach

Mate....the good guys come second. If they genuinely want to win the comp, they have to harden up and just get on with it without bleating.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
So err... why have a black strip then? And 2nd: why is our strip not made out of the same material the black caps use that reflects heat despite its colour? Surely that would solve the problem...
exactly to both.

i really hope we aren't going to be that team from now on.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Must be great for the team heading over there to play after hearing the coach and CEO complain that it is too hot for them to play and the big bad Titans are making them wear a different colour jersey :lol:

blain

Juniors
yeah because a blackcap cricket shirt would be able to last in a league game..

and even if they could they would have it.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
sh*t I think it time to load up the snow machine and only turn it on when the Tits or the Broncs are underneath it. The whole "where did that hail come from" senario

Who cares let them be androtops and change things like jerseys and kick-off days and times they must be afraid of something that they need every little advantage they can get.....pussy's.

How bout playing in the training jersey or the blue one, that teach 'em

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

Are you English born?

The real issue is 1pm start in QLD heat, not the colour of the jersey.

ozbash

Referee
Are you English born?

The real issue is 1pm start in QLD heat, not the colour of the jersey.

Its all about the Aussie attitude, they cant play on a level field, a game has to be played with the odds tipped their way.

eg, underarm bowling
eg, those mongrel Cowboys playing the semi in 40+ deg
eg, Broncos and Titsplaying in the hottest part of the day, in white ensuring we had to play in black,,, and cook.

Wayne Scurrah is a man of dignity, stature, mana and credibility. If he wants to get up the Tits and Broncs, he has my support :x

5TH generation Kiwi, actually :cool:

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
ill be going to both games...and i can you its damn hot just sitting in the stands drinking the $6 mid strength they flog off as beer.
it would shake you up playing mid day in qld, the warm up will probably kill them before the games even kicked off. just got off the plane from auckland and even though its overcast in brisbane, the humidy just hits you as soon as you leave the plane. feel for the boys

Eelectrica

Referee
Unless the weather fines up over here on the GC between now and game day, I don't think you've got much to worry about.

Can someone remind me of what that yellow thing that used to be in the sky looks like? I've forgotten.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Its all about the Aussie attitude, they cant play on a level field, a game has to be played with the odds tipped their way.
Just to be clear you should wear the lighter jersey?

eg, underarm bowling
got nothing

eg, those mongrel Cowboys playing the semi in 40+ deg
yes they control the weather.

eg, Broncos and Titsplaying in the hottest part of the day, in white ensuring we had to play in black,,, and cook.
again I said earlier I think you will find it TV related, nothing to do with the clubs, perhaps I am incorrect.

Wayne Scurrah is a man of dignity, stature, mana and credibility. If he wants to get up the Tits and Broncs, he has my support :x
mana? Go Harry Potter

5TH generation Kiwi, actually :cool:
form English stock no doubt.

shiznit

Coach
why the f*ck is this even an issue anymore...

after what happened in townsville a couple of years ago you would think the Warriors would have learnt there lesson and added an 'alternate' jersey to play in situations where they black is too hot but the white clashes...

they could have made a pink jersey and did the whole breast cancer fund raising thing... maybe even a special yellow and red jersey for Sonny Fai with funds going for lifeguards...

but nooo... they did nothing and they end up in the same position as years ago in Nth Qld...

what ever

Juniors
It's rd 1 and it looks like the warriors got shafted twice, by the NRL for the 1pm kick off and the titans jersey switch. Someone at the warriors didn't do their job properly.

ozbash

Referee
Agree mate, heads should roll. Probably Donny Mann's.

English stock Angry ? You rerally know how to hurt a guy....