What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

warriors commentaters

Can u guys take the warriors Commentaters

• YES

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • NOOO!!!

Votes: 27 65.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thegame_78

Juniors
Has anyone herd them on foxsports. They are discusting, seriously they rate this warriors team like they have won the last 5 premierships and have never lost a game in the clubs history. Quote aganist Souths Round 4 Warriors up 46 to 14 " the warriors line defensive is freak must be the best the compertition" 2 games after that they let in a combined total of 50 points. Also just today in the Tigers game "Byrne has been terrorising the defenses all day" Look at stats from todays game Byrne 3 errors, 6 hit ups for 44 meters and 1 line break. Clearly not terrorising the defenses " Burn baby burn" another noticable quote.
What do u guys think of them ?????

ThrashViking

Juniors
Wayne Pearce & Gary Freeman are worse than the SKY commentators but they are terrible.
Why the hell do SKY television fly Jason Costigan out from Queensland every second week so he can ramble some inane rubbish along with Daryl Halligan who has clearly been knocked in one too many times, I wont even get started on Peter Ropati.
Bring back Graeme Hughes & team him up with the voice of NZ league Alan Mac.

Iafeta

Referee
thegame_78 said:
Has anyone herd them on foxsports. They are discusting, seriously they rate this warriors team like they have won the last 5 premierships and have never lost a game in the clubs history. Quote aganist Souths Round 4 Warriors up 46 to 14 " the warriors line defensive is freak must be the best the compertition" 2 games after that they let in a combined total of 50 points. Also just today in the Tigers game "Byrne has been terrorising the defenses all day" Look at stats from todays game Byrne 3 errors, 6 hit ups for 44 meters and 1 line break. Clearly not terrorising the defenses " Burn baby burn" another noticable quote.

I can't understand a word you're saying, primarily because I'm not fluent in gibberish, but I think they were fairly lenient on Benji Marshall who played the worst game in terms of brain explosions since 1946.

For the record, the Warriors have let in 20 points, 12 points, 32 points, 14 points, 24 points, 26 points, 16 points, 24 points, 10 points, 16 pooints and 4 points. I think thats a pretty good defensive record personally. Only Melbourne have let in less points, and thats prior to today's game.

ozbash

Referee
DIEHARD said:
They are Kiwis mate, what do you expect? :lol: ;-)

jason costigan is a qlder who is trying to make it in the commentator bussiness.

peter wopati is a guy who is bearable when the game isnt been shown live in oz, he seems to try and impress the aussies ( easily done i guess)

mcgivor is ok

darryl halligan is from the australian school of bullsh*t, he is hated over here because, unlike australians, we dont accept his word as gospel.

he speaks enough sh*t to be regarded as an australian so we,ve disowned him.

so yea,, what do you expect ?

shame you guys dont get the bartercard cup calls = real commentators who know what they are talking about.

Lego_Man

First Grade
thegame_78 said:

Get a grip, and get a spellchecker.

BTW i think Costo and Halligan are sh*t, but i do enjoy Ropati and McIvor fronting the broadcast.

ThrashViking

Juniors
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
They also host a couple of footy shows over here as well. they are crap
The NRL kick off with Dean Lonnergan a couple of weeks ago was great, he used more swear words than a South Park movie.

DIEHARD

----
ozbash said:
shame you guys dont get the bartercard cup calls = real commentators who know what they are talking about.

I wish we got it on Foxtel. QLD CUP, NSW Premier League, Bartercard Cup...

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
They don't work for Fox Sports, they work for SKY and I think that transmission is mainly intended for NZ viewers, and Fox Sports just borrow it. NZ viewers would be at least 90% Warriors supporters, so their bias doesn't really matter.

Chris Bombolas is 100% a Bronco, and he commentates their games here in QLD and is worse than the NZ team, yet nobody complains because only QLD viewers see it. If NSW got that game then they would have no right to complain because it wasn't intended for them. Same with NZ games, that commentary isn't intended for Australian viewers.

And bloody hell you people complain alot, just turn the sound off if you don't like it, they aren't that bad really.

hitman82

Bench
What do you expect from a commentary team who are paid to present to an audience that is almost entirely following the home team? Of course they will sound biased... although Halligan seems to love putting the boot into the Warriors.

Lego_Man

First Grade
To be honest guys, i don't even think they are that biased.

They are sh*t, but not biased. Id much rather have Graeme Hughes in the hotseat, although his departure as commentator coincided with the Warriors making the finals for the first time, and we went on from there.

AuckMel

Bench
Look, we have to put up with your crap refs every week, so you can put up with our commentators every fortnight. :)

thegame_78

Juniors
Well we put up with u in our competition every week so the least we can do is get rid of ur sh*t home-grown commentators. Shane Hayne is a freak.

Lego_Man

First Grade
thegame_78 said:
Well we put up with u in our competition every week so the least we can do is get rid of ur sh*t home-grown commentators. Shane Hayne is a freak.

Idiot, the Warriors make the NRL a lot of money courtesy of TV rights etc.