What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors Fringe player updates

Iafeta

Referee
Folks,

Wondering if its possible to get a view on how the Warrior fringey's are going? Its darn hard to get info on those players over here in Australia.

For all intents and purposes, I hear Perenara and Tookey have been on fire for their respective clubs, and also Henry Fa'afili has crossed the stripe on a couple of occasions.

What then about the likes of Kane Ferris, Danny Sullivan, Toshio Laiseni, Herewini Rangi, Evarn Tuimavave, Manu Vatuvei. Also, is Shaun Metcalfe playing Bartercard this year?

Just curious as to our back up and rising stars - as I say, its really hard to find information on their performances over here.

carlnz

Bench
Herewini Rangi is having a great start to the season for the Tornadeos, I was dissapointed to see that he hadnt made the Warriors team since Latu got injuried.

Johnson from the Tigers, He around 6 foot tall and fast...and boy can he steap. Last friday he chased down Justin Murphy and saved a try, plus he came from the other side of the field.....he is deffently a player to watch!

O. Manuel former Canberra and Auckland player has had a soild start to the season...has picked up a couple trys already for the Raiders.

S. Mannering from Wellington...this guy will be playing NRL soon....I have no doubt about that!!

M. Vatuvei, Also dissapointed he hasnt made the warriors yet, played in preason for the warriors and has picked up some trys already for his Otauhuhu team...only just turned 18....weighs 108kg and stands at 189cm...he is a big winger!

Evarn Tuimavave is also had a strong start to the season....its only a matter of time before he makes hte bench again for the warriors...only 20 years old.

M. Perenara and T. Ropati both have been playing bloody well, Perenara still 19 years old......these two will be the future of the kiwis...

Skinner

Coach
Every time I tried to post to this thread yesterday, the bloody server
went down - never mind, there are better days ahead. Carlnz probably
did better than I would have anyway.

Shaun is playing 18's for the Otahuhu Gold team. Interestingly, this team
(they have come up through the grades) have only lost two games in three
years...not a bad record. I'm not sure why he is not playing Bartercard but
they normally go where MrA tells them.

Karl Johnson, that carlnz refers to, is a former Warriors development player
that was culled. He is a fine player and with the right guidence "should" end
up playing for higher honours somewhere.

I note that Manu has been playing at centre for Otahuhu Ellerslie and in his
few NJC games...maybe just something up MrA's sleeve.

I don't know about Danny Sullivan. I'm not even sure if he has been allocated
to a BC franchise - is he injured ?

Cheers
Skinner

AliN

Live Update Team
Sounds like Manu Vatuvei is travelling to Townsville after playing well for the Otahuhu boys, which is great news.

Kane Ferris has been going great guns for the Canterbury Bulls, I hope he makes it to Ericsson this year.

Danny Sullivan is linked to the Mt Albert Lions and I'm pretty sure he played last week in Christchurch.

Iafeta

Referee
Here's another name - I may have got his name wrong but he played in the Sevens from memory for the Resos - Robinson Godfrey. He was a winger who apparently was part of our junior squad.

Anyone know how hes going? He looked good in the Sevens. I understand Ando has wraps on Mannering and wants him at the Warriors?

One other question, is Evarn Tuimavave still goal kicking - and I see that Marcus Perenara is turning into a pretty good goal kicker also?

And of course, our forum favourite - Daniel Floyd. Is he still adapting to five eighth?

Thanks for the update people - much appreciated.

Skinner

Coach
Robinson is playing fullback for Mt Albert BC. He's going OK but there is a bit
of room for improvement.

Marcus is doing the kicking for Marist Richmond so I'm not sure if Evarn is on
form or not. I'm sure he is second choice but Marcus seems to be doing the goods
at the moment.

I haven't actually watched HBC play so far this year but reports are suggesting
that Floyd is not immediately adapting well to the number 6. Apparently he is
not finding those gaps that he used to find when he was fullback. Early days, I
guess, but I think a fullback is able to see a much bigger picture and can read
an opposition much earlier in a game than a five eighth can.

Cheers
Skinner

AliN

Live Update Team
Yes Floyd doesn't seem to be firing at 5/8 which is a shame.

Perenara's on song , Ervan doesn't seem to be on the field much.