What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors - second favourites?

Dmac

Juniors
I was just readin the paper today and was suprised to see that the NZ warriors were second favourites at sportstab to win the comp. This suprised me as I can think they are no chance and I can think of 3 other teams that should be higher than them in the betting(I suppose there would be a few plunges on NZ by people across the tasman).What does everybody else think? Any value bets? Sure things?. I am going to put my money on a dark horse - St George ($11). They have the best team on paper and if all their big guns fire then they will be hard to beat. I'm also putting a few beans on the raiders ($17). I think the roosters will be hard to beat this year so i might also invest in them ($4.50)

MC DUI

Juniors
Meh. I ain't too interested in putting anything on the winner of the comp, it just takes too long to pay off. I prefer to just place a few accumulator bets each round throughout the year.

I reckon the Warriors are justified as being second favourites, they have a top pack of forwards and they were pretty well on the money last season.
I don't rate St. George a chance to win the comp, yes they will do ok if they can avoid all the injuries they had last season but they won't win it.

PB

Bench
Warriors deserve to be at least 2nd favourite if not favourite.

heard today that somebody put about $25 grand on Melbourne at $21 today. They are actually pretty good value.

Dragons are a chance because guys like Sims, Paranara etc have all gained that extra first grade expereince due to all their injuries, that they otherwise wouldnt have had.

Andy

First Grade
Here are the prices...

Roosters $4.50
New Zealand $6.50
Bulldogs $7.00
Penrith $7.50
Newcastle $8.50
Brisbane $8.50
St George-Illawarra $11.00
Parramatta $14.00
Canberra $17.00
Melbourne $21.00
Sharks $31.00
North Queensland $41.00
Wests Tigers $61.00
Manly $101.00
Souths $151.00

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'd be putting a little something on New Zealand at that price- and Parramatta don't look horrible there. The side looks good, provided it stays fit, and they've definitely got the foundation there. I'd say they're more likely to win it than Saints this year.

Latest posts