What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors supporters outnumber manly fan in GF

Eels Dude

Coach
It's been well documented why the crowd was so low. But just to remind you here are a few of main reasons. Poor time for families to attend ans as a protest against the NRL's decision to take our home ground advantage from brookie.

My point is about "die hard" fans. If they were that "die hard" they'd have been there no matter what. That's the definition of the term.

oval

Juniors
Everywhere i go and everything i have watched has had Warriors outnumber Manly fans.

You been around the Northern Beaches lately?

Nah, me neither. But if it's anything like 2008, there'll be maroon n white left right and centre.

oval

Juniors
My point is about "die hard" fans. If they were that "die hard" they'd have been there no matter what. That's the definition of the term.

Definition of die-hard from the Google machine:

Stubbornly resisting change or clinging to a seemingly hopeless or outdated cause.

The second part seems to describe the Eels supporters I know pretty well.

Michael Bishop

Juniors
Tbh id be shocked if it wasnt the case, im yet to find a relative or friend who isnt a manly fan who is going for them. Its Manly fans v the rest, which is probably how Dessie likes it

My boss said to me this arvo "You'd think that 60% of fans will be backing in the warriors this weekend"
I said to him "buggered if i know where you're finding the other 35% who are supporting manly"

Its great, we've got a genuine underdog up against a team everyone loves to hate.

What about the remaining 5% ?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
There was not much to like about them then and once they got stuck into Fitler and the rest of the roosters fired up that plan backfired.

this years Warriors are full of exciting talent.

plus, it's f**king manly..

WTF are you on about? The 2002 Warriors side is known as one of the most entertaining football sides of recent years- it was largely that team that was responsible for the reputation that the Warriors have had for throwing the ball around with crazy offloads etc. The crowd in 2002 was hardly massively skewed toward the Roosters either, they would've had the advantage but it wouldn'tve been much more than 60-40.
As for getting stuck into Fittler, that was one shot by Villisanti, not the whole team- though it did fire the Roosters up.
The Media got behind the Roosters more than Manly just because the Roosters aren't a team that everyone is supposed to hate like Manly.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm not supporting the warriors in the GF because I hate Manly, I'm supporting them because I like the warriors.

The club is a class act and its players humble and happy. Most of their supporters are rational and quick to congratulate others.

Moffo

Referee
there were more warriors jerseys in the city today then manly

i'd say it was running at 5:1

Jason Maher

Immortal
How come you're not supporting the Warriors as well?

:lol:

What a turn around from 2002 when they couldn't buy a friend, even the Telecrap hopped on the RW&B wagon so that the trophy didn't head overseas.

I was cheering for the Warriors in 02.

yes ANZ getting blacked out,warrior colours..it would look awesome

Well, there was a black out of sorts in 02...

I'm not supporting the warriors in the GF because I hate Manly, I'm supporting them because I like the warriors.

The club is a class act and its players humble and happy. Most of their supporters are rational and quick to congratulate others.

I agree with all of that, and it's the reason I nominated the Warriors as my preferred team at the start of the finals if mine got knocked out. But my hatred of Manly is still a significant contributor to my overall determination to cheer for the Warriors.

Michael Bishop

Juniors
Tbh id be shocked if it wasnt the case, im yet to find a relative or friend who isnt a manly fan who is going for them. Its Manly fans v the rest, which is probably how Dessie likes it

My boss said to me this arvo "You'd think that 60% of fans will be backing in the warriors this weekend"
I said to him "buggered if i know where you're finding the other 35% who are supporting manly"

Its great, we've got a genuine underdog up against a team everyone loves to hate.

I thought the point was fairly obvious
but i understand manly fans are fairly simple

the remaining 5% are obviously the only bastards supporting manly
You seriously didnt connect the dots? :?

Thanks for clearing that up. :?

Raider_69

Post Whore
good god.

the impression from my boss was that 40% of NRL fans were supporting manly (60% following the warriors equates to 40% following the eagles)
i asked where he was finding the other 35% who are supporting them, hence leaving the remaining 5% as manly supporters

f**k me you are thick.

oval

Juniors
good god.

the impression from my boss was that 40% of NRL fans were supporting manly (60% following the warriors equates to 40% following the eagles)
i asked where he was finding the other 35% who are supporting them, hence leaving the remaining 5% as manly supporters

f**k me you are thick.

Come again?

Garts

Bench
good god.

f**k me you are thick.

TBH your joke was not exactly clear.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
13000 Manly supporters vs Cowboys, 500 Cowboys supporters
30000 Manly supporters vs Brisbane, 2000 Brisbane supporters
60000 Manly supporters vs Warriors, 15000 Neutral fans supporting the Warriors, 5000 Warriors fans.

f**k the Manly chant will drown out the sorry 5000, the other 15000 would have already left by half-time.:lol:

Garts

Bench
id imagine most read it without a seconds though. Slow witted manly had to have it explained to them. Understandable.

I read it once, made no sense, although it was a skim read after half a dozen drinks. Still not overly clear, maybe that is because it is not that funny. That is not taking offence at a jibe at Manly either. Either way, the jokes about Manly fans being slow witted, it is not just Manly fans. Goes across all teams.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
None of the Warriors fans actually work so it's obviously a lot easier for them to get to all these things.

Yes it's fantastic how generous the Australian government is, as my dole easily pays enough for me to buy GF tickets and get airfares up from Melbourne to attend the Grand Final. Yep, us bludging Kiwis have sure got it sweet!

Dickhead.