What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors team to take on Eels - Confirmed

Brad Joyce

Juniors
ozbash said:
COREY LAWRIE - very unlucky

RUSSELL PACKER - also unlucky not to get a bench spot but understandable.

CONSTANTINE MIKA - this guy will be in the nrl team this year for sure.

if you,re watching ivan, some advice; get JRo,s hammy fixed real fast.

I don't think you'll see either Packer or Mika play first grade this season. Russell hasn't even had a full year in the Warriors gym to develop his body for the rigors of NRL football. The guy will get a star, but give him time.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Witt will play well this week so it won't matter. Ropati wouldn't get a spot even if he was not injured.

Skinner

Coach
Captain Charisma said:
Witt will play well this week so it won't matter. Ropati wouldn't get a spot even if he was not injured.

You funny little man :lol: :lol:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I don't know what's so funny Super Mod. Ropati isn't coming back.

I'm putting my money on Witt this season. I reckon he's a man on a mission. He'll keep that #6 jersey for the majority of the season.

Agree on Constantine Mika......... He's gonna be a good one to watch

Oh and Todd Byrne better be carefull as well, Wont be long untill he loses his lions spot to young Miguel Start.

I'm sad to see Mannering moving into the second row already. I think we'd be better off to keep him in the centers for at least another season or two. Many teams have very big and fast guys at center these days and I feel much more comfortable with Mannering in there! We also seem to have a lot more good second row options than at center, even with Koopu out for a while.

It's good to see Hohaia in the team, but with Martin in the other center position it does leave us pretty small. He tackles quite well for a small guy and seems to be among the faster Warriors, but I'm still a tad concerned about him defending against guys like Ben Smith or Timana Tahu. I think Martin might be more likely to drop out than Lance though. If Witt performs at 6 then we don't necessarily need Martin in the team to have a decent goalkicker so he'll need to be in pretty good form to hold his spot I think.

Brad Joyce

Juniors
Waitakere Warrior Fan said:
I'm sad to see Mannering moving into the second row already. I think we'd be better off to keep him in the centers for at least another season or two. Many teams have very big and fast guys at center these days and I feel much more comfortable with Mannering in there! We also seem to have a lot more good second row options than at center, even with Koopu out for a while.

It's good to see Hohaia in the team, but with Martin in the other center position it does leave us pretty small. He tackles quite well for a small guy and seems to be among the faster Warriors, but I'm still a tad concerned about him defending against guys like Ben Smith or Timana Tahu. I think Martin might be more likely to drop out than Lance though. If Witt performs at 6 then we don't necessarily need Martin in the team to have a decent goalkicker so he'll need to be in pretty good form to hold his spot I think.

I disagree re Mannering. I think he's better suited to the second row (and proved it at Test level). None the less, I'm sure he'll be used in the centres throughout the season, maybe even in this match should we need him to sure up the defence. I heard Cleary on radio today and he believes we're a bit short in the second row at the moment, which is why Mannering is playing there.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
proved it a test level - bollocks. surely no one really thought the great white hope played good in the forwards 4 the kiwis. He was a shane endacott-like fillin. Never even challenged the line nevermind breakin the tackle. played straight out soft.

While I'm at it Michael Luck - dont like him that much either. acts like he a battler/soldier but never breaks a tackle.

He's better suited to the centres - he actually does alrite out there. Got some size and doesnt do anything stupid.

But why the hell does Cleary have 4 halves in 17. Hohaia , rovelli, witt and fien.

Why do we need to sign unwanted australian halves when the team should be based around hohaia at halfback.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
hmmm. The team is full of midgets. Apart from Vatuvei we have no size at all in the backs. Having said that I have no problem with Hohaia at centre, it is probably his best position. People keep saying he lacks size and speed, but really, strength (very deceptive) and speed (likewise) are his best (read: only) attributes. Much like Shaun Berrigan, actually. He's best in whichever position he has to pass, kick, and generally think as little as possible, and centre is better in this regard than the halves. He could also make a useful fist of hooker (and has in the past) because of his running game, but even then his ponderous decision making is a problem in such a prime playmaking position- once again, just like Berrigan.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
mean_maori_mean said:
proved it a test level - bollocks. surely no one really thought the great white hope played good in the forwards 4 the kiwis. He was a shane endacott-like fillin. Never even challenged the line nevermind breakin the tackle. played straight out soft.

lol that's rubbish. Seems to be a few members of the anti-Mannering brigade emerging on this forum, which is a mystery to me.

Having said that, I much prefer him at centre. Him and Manu are a good pairing imo.

He's better suited to the centres - he actually does alrite out there. Got some size and doesnt do anything stupid.

Yeah. He has the speed and agility to play centre. He's more likely to make inroads there.

But why the hell does Cleary have 4 halves in 17. Hohaia , rovelli, witt and fien.

Why do we need to sign unwanted australian halves when the team should be based around hohaia at halfback.

LMAO!

NZ Warrior

First Grade
mean_maori_mean said:
While I'm at it Michael Luck - dont like him that much either. acts like he a battler/soldier but never breaks a tackle.

I really have to disagree with you there, Triple M.

Luck is Mr Reliable, always tackling and always there. He's more than a battler. He will take ownership of one of the backrow positions this year. I just hope Cleary gives him more of a license to work the ball, either offloading or feeding the likes of McKinnon. Luck has the smarts to know when to offload and when not to.

I highly rate Luck and he's going to have another commanding season.