What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors v Spooners

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)

2 DAVID FUSITU’A

3 BLAKE AYSHFORD

4 SOLOMONE KATA

5 KEN MAUMALO

6 KIERAN FORAN

7 MASON LINO

8 JACOB LILLYMAN

9 ISSAC LUKE

10 BEN MATULINO

11 ISAIAH PAPALI’I

12 BUNTY AFOA

13 SIMON MANNERING

Interchange:

14 MAFOA’AEATA HINGANO

15 SAM LISONE

16 LIGI SAO

17 JAMES BELL

18 JAZZ TEVAGA

20 CHRIS SATAE

21 NATHANIEL ROACHE

22 CHARNZE NICOLL-KLOKSTAD

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Not watching this one. Sucks that I'm getting back into the feeling that a loss might be better for shaking this shit joint up (like I've felt since 2012)

Reactions: JJ

Meth

Staff member
Could see the Knights winning this one. I almost hope that they do.

JJ

Immortal
Not watching this one. Sucks that I'm getting back into the feeling that a loss might be better for shaking this shit joint up (like I've felt since 2012)
I think a loss to them would be good

They are pretty rubbish though so a fair chance we win and get a self saucing circle jerk of self congratulatory nonsense

jaseg

Juniors
I gotta be honest and say I don't get the Luke hate, I feel like he's out there trying at least. Can't be hard to get crummy, slow, back foot ball most weeks.

I think the only thing you need to do to understand the criticism is watch the two games in which Roache got good game time this year (vs Dogs when Luke got injured, and the following game vs Manly). Specifically watch Roache's performances. That's what we bought Luke to do - and he hasn't done it.

I'm interested to see Papalii get a couple more games this year, he's young (18) but has come along quickly since finding his feet on the edge. Should push Bunty hard next year assuming (more hoping, really) Bodene is gone? Pulu could be an option out there too.. I guess. But he's likely needed in the middle... even with one or two questionable traits.

Mind you... if we're looking for a direct Bodene replacement, we could do a hell of a lot worse than bringing Marata Niukore back. Has been hugely impressive in the edge forward role at Wenty. Not getting a look in at Parra because they have so many edge guys (Scott, Pritchard, Moeroa, Mau etc) but I'm confident he's NRL ready now. Very strong ball runner, high workrate for the position, eye catching (in a good way) defence... and not just a tackle breaker... has racked up 9 assists (between tries + linebreaks) this year.

Scott

Bench
I gotta be honest and say I don't get the Luke hate, I feel like he's out there trying at least. Can't be hard to get crummy, slow, back foot ball most weeks.

I agree, Luke has run more & for more metres than any other hooker in the competition this year. Considering the plod he has to work off, that is a fair effort.

All that being said, i'm not sure we are getting much more out of him though. Considering he has been a Kiwi captain on a UK tour, his leadership is & general attitude & body language is extremely poor.

vvvrulz

Coach

There's a difference between running around a lot and actually being effective. Luke combines the two for max 5-6 games a season.

We paid for more.

Latest posts