What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was Israel really worth 500k?

Dazzat

First Grade
Don't forget Israels' age. He's two years behind Inglis in development.

But yes ... agree with the frustration being expressed here ... I get a little miffed with Israel retrieving kicks and being swamped by three-four-five kick chasers.

badav

Bench
I actually think this kid is a talent but it amazes me that he has been pretty quiet this year. Yes i know he has scored a bag full of tries but so has Bryson Goodwin!
I feel you guys have been dudded badly and at this point in the season you would expect him to be at his barn storming best like he was with Melbourne.

What you guys think??

While were at it why not make it $800k :roll:

Where do people pull this f**king sh*t from. seriously

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Whatever it was worth to lure him from Melbourne (not sure it was $500k a year though???) it was money well spent. Israel is only going to get better with age. A superstar talent whose full potential as a rugby league player is yet to be realised.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i'd love henjak to get him more involved. as it is he stands on the wing and doesnt go looking for the ball.

I'd actually have loved sailor getting picked in origin 2 cos i want izzy to see how sailor goes looking for the ball to make an impact. izzy has the potential to be one of the ebst backs in the game and i know he's young and everything but he needs some guidance into getting more involved

DR.ZOIDBERG

Juniors
Big Izzy is worth it but he needs to be played either at Center or maybe since Hunt is on the way out, fullback next year...

No a winger in my books, Steve Michaels is a winger in my books, not a center

Billigan

Juniors
folau is worth every cent, hes be one of our best backs this season and it showed against the titans with israel scoring 4 tries. and if he's been playing the this season with a foot injury wow that only means hes going to get way better when he gets back

Baldwin

Juniors
bfoord said:
2009 NRL Premiers:
Broncos, they will be underestimated by opponents
2009 NRL Minor Premiers:
Manly
2009 Wooden Spooners:
Knights
One player to make State of Origin Debut?
Lagi Setu (QLD)
State of Origin Series winners?
QLD of course,
Leading Try Scorer?
Folau and Stewart tied for first
Leading Point Scorer?
Thurston
Buy of the year?
Israel Folau
Most improved team?
Cowboys, hands down
Yes/No - Souths to make the Top 8?
No Chance

Knights wooden spooners ......... FAGGOTT!

Baldwin

Juniors
folau is worth every cent, hes be one of our best backs this season and it showed against the titans with israel scoring 4 tries. and if he's been playing the this season with a foot injury wow that only means hes going to get way better when he gets back

Folau is a flop this season, he was leading tryscorer by a mile at the Storm for 2 seasons in a row and now hes at Broncos what?? four in one game, even Brett Morris can do that!

When Bret Stewart comes back he will score trys galore and kill the comp u watch.

tezzah1

Juniors
Worth every single dollar! Commentators calling the right side of Hodgo and Folau the lamborghini... imagine how that gets the back up of opposition teams. Once the Bronc's forward get in tune with the rest of the team will the outside backs show its goods. Could look to push Folau to the other centre and have Michaels outside him too!

How good was that left foot step and jink when he cruised through the NSW middle to score his try under the post for QLD!!! -Priceless

Gippsy

Bench
I thought this question might have been asked late last year when half the side left for other teams.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Worth every single dollar! Commentators calling the right side of Hodgo and Folau the lamborghini... imagine how that gets the back up of opposition teams. Once the Bronc's forward get in tune with the rest of the team will the outside backs show its goods. Could look to push Folau to the other centre and have Michaels outside him too!

How good was that left foot step and jink when he cruised through the NSW middle to score his try under the post for QLD!!! -Priceless

Can't we just piss Michaels off for good!:crazy:

Mr Saab

Referee
Folau is a flop this season, he was leading tryscorer by a mile at the Storm for 2 seasons in a row and now hes at Broncos what?? four in one game, even Brett Morris can do that!

When Bret Stewart comes back he will score trys galore and kill the comp u watch.

Havnt you got some homework to do?

Hanscholo

Bench
I think the reason you wont even make the semi's this year is because you have little to no craft at hooker and your forwards are very soft. That is important because you let go of Hannant and Ennis for the sake of a winger. Imo, no he wasnt worth 500k, not that he got that anyway, I heard it was more. It was never a good investment, Hodges could have a dead dog outside him and they would score 15 tries. Seems a waste to me.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I think the reason you wont even make the semi's this year is because you have little to no craft at hooker and your forwards are very soft. That is important because you let go of Hannant and Ennis for the sake of a winger. Imo, no he wasnt worth 500k, not that he got that anyway, I heard it was more. It was never a good investment, Hodges could have a dead dog outside him and they would score 15 tries. Seems a waste to me.

Where the hell did you hear it was more than 500k? Bruno said himself that it was less than 400k when it was first announced. Just to retain Hannant it would of costed as much as what we paid for Folau. I don't think Bruno really liked Ennis ither. But those two players have been massive losses. I think we will make the semis. Remember not too long ago (before origin) everyone was tipping us to be the premiers? We slump at this time of the year all the time, origin hurts us. Now with Lockyer out it will be even harder to come back from this form slump.

JW

Coach
Good god.

Can't believe there's still lemmings who reckon Folau is on 500 big ones or more. It's incredibly doubtful that any player in the game in under the current salary cap could command that kind of money, and only a very, very select few one-club types on extended contracts would come close - examples are obvious. It's simple maths and common sense.

Cullen stated that Folau was on "considerably less" than the $1.6-2 million/4 years headlines suggested and, in addition, his payments in the first two years of the deal are at a minimum and will gradually increase over the length of his contract.

But in saying that, the lemmings are also right in that our retention/recruitment has been ordinary. And i'm not enjoying Cullen's increasingly prevalent role in the process over the past couple of years.