What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was Matt HEAD's disallowed try an try ?

Was that a TRY or NO TRY

• NO TRY

Votes: 87 66.9%
  • TRY !!!!!!!

Votes: 43 33.1%

• Total voters

Dragon

Coach
Id love to say it was a try, but even with my red n white glasses on he clearly lost control of it. I can understand people blowing up because all we ask for as fans is consistancy.

DR490NS

Juniors
that was a deadset try. I dont understand how they give keaney(against dragons a few weeks ago) the try and you dont give that.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I'd be happy with either as long as the call was consistent throughout the season. The thing that really annoys me is the same thing will happen next week but be ruled a try :crazy:

That said, there was a blatant forward pass missed about two plays earlier so I guess it evens itself out.

hot frost

Juniors
Wests Tigers (27)
Tries: Liam Fulton (2), Ben Galea, Chris Lawrence, Daniel Fitzhenry
Field Goals: John Morris (1/1)
Goals: Brett Hodgson (3/6)
St George Illawarra Dragons (8)
Tries: Chase Stanley
Goals: Mathew Head (2/2)

NO TRY. But I didn't watch the game.

DR490NS

Juniors
how can you say no try....where on those replays did it show hes skin leaving the ball???????????

*Paul*

Juniors
May as well forget about the whole downward pressure thing if you're going to allow that. Mind you, I've seen similar awarded e.g. glancing blows down the side of the ball.

DR490NS

Juniors
people here who say no try, please look at keaneys try against us, then come back to me and say its a 'no try'

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
Presumably, said people would count Kearney's effort also a No try. A mistaken ruling should not have to forever damn all sides to come to suffer from it. The rules state that it is not enough for a player's 'skin not to leave the ball' to score a try - he has to have downward pressure on it.

Bench
DR490NS said:
people here who say no try, please look at keaneys try against us, then come back to me and say its a 'no try'
I didn't see Kearneys try,but I did see the game today.Head was dropping the ball,no control,no try.

Raider_69

Post Whore
well i thought it was not alot different to the todd carney no try last night off his kick, and that was not awarded, so for this week at least they were consistant. But my opinion is both should have been DOTB try

badav

Bench
i dont see how benefit of the doubt would even come into the picture here. there was plenty of camera angles that all clearly show what happened.
he lost the ball. and he only has himself to blame aswell, as that was an extremely poor error. no doubt irrational st george fans will blame nathan brown for it though.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mr_Raditch said:
That said, there was a blatant forward pass missed about two plays earlier so I guess it evens itself out.
Hardly relevant. The ref missed forward passes all match.

FTR, Head gave the video ref a reason to declare a no try. Put it down properly and there is no debate. Schoolboy stuff.

Latest posts