What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was that the game of the year?

laurie

Juniors
but seriously the chip over the top and nightingale bein hit while kiking and forcin the drop out.. unbelievable..

Cee 7

Juniors
No way that was or will be the game of the year, it is more likely up there with one of the better comebacks of the year.

ellskimore

Juniors
No way that was or will be the game of the year, it is more likely up there with one of the better comebacks of the year.

I'm sorry that your predetermined mind set ruined the game for you. But you should know that you are wrong.

taipan

Referee
You know a game on Tv is great with atmosphere and sheer excitement end to end stuff,when you are bursting for a p*ss,and you refuse to leave the room until the final whistle.:b:

Best game this year and best Anzac one I have seen.I am neutral which made it less of a heartache.
Freakish tries in that game,and one in the Warriors /Storm game.
Keep the players back the 10,speed up the tackles and you end up with a game like the one at the SFS.
Now Tv networks open up your wallets and pay the $1bn plus,the code so richly deserves.

Ulysseus

Bench
Definitely the game of the year and a shame someone had to lose.

Frankly I hope Bourbon Beccy chokes on her scotch this morning, particularly after claiming Saints were a side created to boringly grind away till victory.
That was like a Wests Tigers game, except Saints actually executed properly and actually won the game.

thommo4pm

Coach
Definitely game of the year.

Funnily enough about 2000 dragons fans missed it after legging it when we went up by 8 :lol:

Probably the same idiots that walked out early before the famous comeback against manly

Not nearly as funny as the Roosters fans behind me who walked out after Prior's try.....your side was still leading. :lol:

TheRam

Coach
Best game this year and best Anzac one I have seen.I am neutral which made it less of a heartache.
Freakish tries in that game,and one in the Warriors /Storm game.
Keep the players back the 10,speed up the tackles and you end up with a game like the one at the SFS.
Now Tv networks open up your wallets and pay the $1bn plus,the code so richly deserves.

Spot on taipan. What a brilliant game. The way league should always be played.

All this nonsense about changing the rules or reducing the interchange to make it more exciting, what dribble.

If we reduce the interchange what people are forgetting is the speed of the game will be affected. So if some games can be slow now, they will be even slower.

No if we want to see ball movement and entertaining football being played, then just police the 10 and get them to roll off immediately when the tackle is made. Also no hands on the ball by the defender in the ruck.

If players see defenders back peddling or out of position then they will chance their arm more often. Even the Dragons did it yesterday.

Simple stuff really.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Like I said on Twitter yesterday, it was like watching a GF from the 90's. How good is a packed SFS on a sunny afternoon! :)

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Spot on taipan. What a brilliant game. The way league should always be played.

All this nonsense about changing the rules or reducing the interchange to make it more exciting, what dribble.

If we reduce the interchange what people are forgetting is the speed of the game will be affected. So if some games can be slow now, they will be even slower.

No if we want to see ball movement and entertaining football being played, then just police the 10 and get them to roll off immediately when the tackle is made. Also no hands on the ball by the defender in the ruck.

If players see defenders back peddling or out of position then they will chance their arm more often. Even the Dragons did it yesterday.

Simple stuff really.
How so? On average every team has about 9-10 80 minute players, the remain 3 are your props and 1 or 2 2nd rowers.

Encourage your props getting more tired and the smaller, faster guys get a bit more options to run. The exact opposite of what you claim is true.

StormHi

Juniors
Props to both the teams Roosters really turned it up a notch and Dragons played with a ton of heart awesome game Just wish the Storm and Warriors game wasn't Marred by the poor reffing and jelly hands......

H.H

Juniors
Roosters are heart attack kings. When they turn up they provide the most interesting contests imo
Funny you should say that...I think the same way.

I could do a study on this, but I won't....but I reckon the Chooks have been in more of that calibre of game than any other club in the NRL era.

ANZAC day as a start, but thre have been numerous others against St George that have been just as good....a couple of finals against Newcasltle, the Tigers game in 2010...Brisbane prelim in 2002, Warriors and Tigers in 2007. In 2010 we had games like this against Souffs, Canterbury Manly...

This is top of the head stuff...there are many more.

Frailty

First Grade
I find it interesting that we introduced the two referees because the game was "too fast", but now its too slow and no one is talking about going back to one referee.

There is no need for rules changes - the laws are there already:

Section 11, 10 (a) The tackled player shall be immediately released and shall not be touched until the ball is in play.

All this additional stuff on the ground is against the laws of the game - the referees need to start penalising.

Amozzie

Juniors
I agree it was the best game so far.

the Broncos / Cowboys game is up there as well. Although it probably had a few more errors.

Lambretta

First Grade
Props to both the teams Roosters really turned it up a notch and Dragons played with a ton of heart awesome game Just wish the Storm and Warriors game wasn't Marred by the poor reffing and jelly hands......

Up until the 65th minute the Storm v Warriors game was a classic

Blew out at the end, but both teams were up for it.

Crazy Steve

Juniors
It was a great game of footy, and as much as the loss hurt (and boy did it hurt), I was really proud of our boys for the effort they put in, and full credit has to go to the dragons for showing plenty of ticker and playing for the full 80 minutes (and how good is Jason Nightingale, he is a real quality winger)

My wife who is a non football follower even sat down and watched the game, which to me is a true indicator of how good the game was (and in the last 5 minutes i thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest)

Hopefully our young kids have learnt a valuable lesson, and will be all the better for it. Only thing I couldn't work out was how Hornby got man of the match, I thought Weyman and Pearce were easily the best two players on the field.

Latest posts