What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wasn't Sterlo Quiet?

yy_cheng

Coach
During the call, I felt that Sterlo was very quiet.

He made one comment about Hayne getting in the way of the halves.

I guess Gus was just spewing his stuff out and Sterlo, I felt disagreed, but chose to stay quiet instead of creating an argument.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Actually in the second half Sterlo said "I'm of the school that thinks less is more with Hayne"

Which is against Gus' ranting!

Here's the thing - if Slater had played the same game Hayne did last night, everyone would be raving about it. IT was a very 'Billy' type game - not overly involved, chase kicks and tackle the fullback, and burst into a gap and (almost) do something freaky.

Hayne needs to be learning to pick his spots - and I'm glad he didn't overplay his hand last night! I do think he can play better, but if he can have a 'Slater' type game on a quiet night....

Craig Johnston

First Grade
getting to watch the boys live finally this season gave me a chance to see hayne's game develop.
he is creating a new role for rugby league. i saw the bloke drifting from one side of the field to the other on numerous back to back plays, he was aiming to get to 2nd receiver on both sides of the ruck. his workrate in attack is phenomenal. unlike any other player.

parraeelz

Juniors
getting to watch the boys live finally this season gave me a chance to see hayne's game develop.
he is creating a new role for rugby league. i saw the bloke drifting from one side of the field to the other on numerous back to back plays, he was aiming to get to 2nd receiver on both sides of the ruck. his workrate in attack is phenomenal. unlike any other player.

He's developed that this season..and it is very effective when he loops into the play. Numerous times this season at the last second he zooms blindside in 1st receiver and 9/10 times sets up a try

Kenny Powers

Juniors
I imagine Sterlo was busy looking for some painaway due to Gould's nuff nuff talk.
I know Rabbs has had some stabs at him but I was hoping Sterlo would have defended Hayne a bit better.
When Gould blamed Hayne's positiong for that second half Broncos try, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I imagine Sterlo was busy looking for some painaway due to Gould's nuff nuff talk.
I know Rabbs has had some stabs at him but I was hoping Sterlo would have defended Hayne a bit better.
When Gould blamed Hayne's positiong for that second half Broncos try, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Yes.

He claimed Hayne should've been standing next to the referee on that play.

Not the pocket ref (he's on the attacking side) - the main ref - you know, the guy who marks the 10. Gus claimed EVERY fullback stands there.

I'm stunned if I can think of too many fullbacks who stand next to the referee in the defensive line?

TO BE FAIR TO GUS I think he was just trying to make up for his excessive "Hayne lovin" over the previous couple of games.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Gus is a dill and you can tell Sterlo doesn't agree with some of his crap but he wont argue on air with him.

That's what Ray Warren is there for.
gus is a teasing little pr*ck who loves baiting rabs you can hear the enjoyment in his voice whenever he gets a bite im sure his comments on jarryd were just trying to stir sterlo but he didnt fall for it

MaxZ/3iaGGiZ

Juniors
Gus was upset because he only came to watch The Chosen One play. He didn't care about the other 33 players who came to play. He just got upset because The Chosen One was relaxing. Sterlo was the opposite. But his criticism of Inu is getting pathetic. The last 3 games Inu had very solid games and didn't receive one praise from Sterlo. Sterlo needs to shut his mouth when it comes to Inu. Or start being fair in his criticism about the kid.

Runaround Man

Juniors
Sterlo played in a very different time. Wingers in those days just didn't do what today's wingers do. They were finishers, today's wingers are more and more creators of play and more and more need to be real good under the high ball.

To be fair to Sterlo, Inu really does make every one very nervous when he has the ball. Why else did the BRoncos target him so much. I don't think Luke got one ball kicked down his wing. Luke also hardly had to make a tackle. That's why he scored such a great try, he has plenty of energy to burn.

Haynzy

First Grade
Gus was upset because he only came to watch The Chosen One play. He didn't care about the other 33 players who came to play. He just got upset because The Chosen One was relaxing. Sterlo was the opposite. But his criticism of Inu is getting pathetic. The last 3 games Inu had very solid games and didn't receive one praise from Sterlo. Sterlo needs to shut his mouth when it comes to Inu. Or start being fair in his criticism about the kid.

He's just calling it at nearly everybody sees it.

Latest posts