What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching AFL in Sydney

Belle

Juniors
As someone who follows both NRL and AFL and who also has friends popping up for visits from Melbourne, trying to find a pub/club that has Fox Footy so we can watch a game is a nightmare.

Any suggestions? I'm hoping there is somewhere in the Eastern suburbs but am willing to travel just to watch a game of AFL at a decent time!

ouwet

Bench
I'm guessing there are plenty of pubs around that show AFL...
I know Star City do show the AFL on one of there big screens when the game is live...

dimitri

First Grade
try some of the pubs on oxford street

of about the 1000, afl supporters in sydney most of them go to oxford st to watch the games

Belle

Juniors
Thanks for that - will try Oxford Street Friday night. I've tried Easts, Souths, Botany, Maroubra, Coogee and Bondi without any success and really didn't want to drive around town trying to find venues everytime I wanted to watch a game.

If I could go to the game it wouldn't be a problem but considering I don't like the Swans there wouldn't be any local games that I'd be interested in going to, except when my team comes up to play them of course.

Thanks again!

j_tig

Juniors
if that doesnt work, just ask at the bar, especially at an rsl or similar. cant hurt. there is a slowly growing population of ppl willing to watch the afl so u might get lucky

xxxx!

Juniors
There's the Sydney Swans social club in the heart of Kings Cross or look up a local AFC near to you .

Rexxy

Coach
The home of Harbour City Saints and a number of other AFL CLubs is Drummoyne RSL. Stay away from the Eastern Suburbs and all those candy arsed Swans androtops.

Beaussie

First Grade
Churchills Sports Bar at Kingsford (Anzac Pde) is good value with Fox Footy, cheap drinks and food. ;-)

Latest posts