What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water runners n trainers

Just watching the game and realised that i wanted to raise this point before.The dragons are 10 mtrs of the parra line and there is McGregor directing traffic like a half back!.Next set of 6 and there is a kick to the fullback and here come the water /trainers onto the paddock as soon as its in the fullbacks hands.Honestly i know all teams do it but its just ridiculous that professional footballers need to be directed around the park like u6s
This is an area that id like to see tightened up on cause honestly its just ridiculous and they are just un necessary until a try is scored/injury or a time limit till they can return to the field after coming on with the water.

Boxer

Juniors
Holla if ya hear me said:
Just watching the game and realised that i wanted to raise this point before.The dragons are 10 mtrs of the parra line and there is McGregor directing traffic like a half back!.Next set of 6 and there is a kick to the fullback and here come the water /trainers onto the paddock as soon as its in the fullbacks hands.Honestly i know all teams do it but its just ridiculous that professional footballers need to be directed around the park like u6s
This is an area that id like to see tightened up on cause honestly its just ridiculous and they are just un necessary until a try is scored/injury or a time limit till they can return to the field after coming on with the water.

I couldn't agree more. If they {players} need that much direction as the game unfolds you have to wonder if they should be playing 1st grade at all.

Nonny1980

Juniors
I also agree. All teams do it so no one team is getting an advantage but it is not right and not in the spirit of the game. Get the trainers out there for water and injuries and thats it.

ozzie

Bench
I went to watch Manly game this year and far dinkum Manly reerves play with 15 players. And one of the waterboys was directing the attack..a bloody joke

Mr Saab

Referee
Suprised Mcgregor didnt pull a hammy or cause another player to get injured....he is a mock and a half when it comes to injury

RainMan

Juniors
All teams do it at some stage. Noticed by fans when you have former players or well known individuals as your runners.

Palmer for the Roosters,Toovey for the Eagles, Dymock at the Doggies I have seen a bit of lately. MacGregor last night ,moreso because of Barrett's absence.

gregstar

Referee
i'm sure whenever finch drops the strides in readiness to underwhelm his missus, ronny palmer rocks up to point out the gap.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
gregstar said:
i'm sure whenever finch drops the strides in readiness to underwhelm his missus, ronny palmer rocks up to point out the gap.

:lol::lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
gregstar said:

'Finchy, there needs to be more rhythm in the attack! Go for it son!'

Dragonwest

Juniors
gregstar said:

hahahaha
is it in yet? thats not it!

scottyeel

Bench
RainMan said:
All teams do it at some stage. Noticed by fans when you have former players or well known individuals as your runners.

Palmer for the Roosters,Toovey for the Eagles, Dymock at the Doggies I have seen a bit of lately. MacGregor last night ,moreso because of Barrett's absence.
Dymock at the roosters I think.

cainen

Juniors
Just back from the Penrith/Manly game and f**k me, Toovey and the other trainer were on the field every set that Manly had the ball. As soon as Penrith get the ball they go off, ball turned over, on they come. They take on their water bottles so it looks like theyre doing something, but they don't even offer it to anyone. They just direct the team around.

C.P

Juniors
RainMan said:

Dymock is at the Roosters. The Sunday Roast actually did a thing on Dymock on the show about 4/5 weeks ago after the Roosters beat the Cowboys i think, where they had a camera on Dymock during the match showing him directing the defence and attack and at one stage a few rucks before a try was scored actually physically grabbing a player by the arm (Tupou i think) and dragging him wider and pointing to him where to run.
2 rucks later tupou makes the run and offloads for a try (i think thats what happened, he was involved somehow though). And on the show they said its ridiculous that 1st grade players need a babysitter to show them where to run or stand and I have to agree.
Roosters have been bad for years with it, Palmer is number one but Manly havent been far behind. I remember being at Penrith Park 3/4 years ago i think watching Des Hasler spend 80mins standing behind them directing them where to go. It came down to the last few mins and Manly were being forced to defend with the game on the line and Hasler was actually standing IN the defensive line making up the numbers and pushing blokes in or out.
Absolute disgrace

choc_soldier

Coach
cainen said:
Just back from the Penrith/Manly game and f**k me, Toovey and the other trainer were on the field every set that Manly had the ball. As soon as Penrith get the ball they go off, ball turned over, on they come. They take on their water bottles so it looks like theyre doing something, but they don't even offer it to anyone. They just direct the team around.

I noticed the same thing too. It is definitely not within the spirit of the game.

I ntoiced Toovey was occasionally positioned like a second fullback, skulking around, and then going back off without actually attending to any player.

Ianc

Juniors
C.P said:
Dymock is at the Roosters. The Sunday Roast actually did a thing on Dymock on the show about 4/5 weeks ago after the Roosters beat the Cowboys i think, where they had a camera on Dymock during the match showing him directing the defence and attack and at one stage a few rucks before a try was scored actually physically grabbing a player by the arm (Tupou i think) and dragging him wider and pointing to him where to run.
2 rucks later tupou makes the run and offloads for a try (i think thats what happened, he was involved somehow though). And on the show they said its ridiculous that 1st grade players need a babysitter to show them where to run or stand and I have to agree.

Dymock needs to work on his fitness. At that game towards the end, he was interchanged with the other runner (Palmer?). One did attack & the other did defence. Is there an interchange limit for trainers :lol: .

Pierced Soul

First Grade
it's been going on for years and ridiculous given how we're dealing with 'professional athletes'. who's responsible? the ref , the grounds manager? the nrl should change the rules.

I remember lazurus running the water years back for canb and he got in the way of the raiders scrum win and got hit with the ball. i also remember one trainer signalling '6 again' to the ref once. peachy got called back for a forward pass once when he was through a gap and afetr the whistle he passed the ball straight to palmer who was in the rooters defnsive line

Latest posts