What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WAUGHS FINAL DIG... HE IS IN NOW!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
Why go down like that when he could get us up off our seats one more time. I'd rather see him go down swinging for 10 then watch him score a century in singles....

Doctor

Bench
Manly Preniers in 2005 said:
Great innings but you have to wonder why he played a shot like that with 3 men in the deep, he could've got the century easy by pushing for singles against Kumble and using the pace f the ball against Pathik who was at the other end.

He was going for the century - but he wasn't terribly happy about the way he got out. It seems he may be in the running for Brain Explosion of the Week.

He said after the match:

"It shows after 168 Tests you can still lose the plot under pressure."
"I was certainly worried after Gilly got out but it is in our nature to play that way. In some ways it was a great spectacle for the crowd. If we had lost the Test I would not have been that pleased with myself.

"I knew there was five overs to go. I was looking to get a couple of twos from that over and for some reason I went for the big six.

"There is no doubt about that. In some ways I owed the crowd what happened. It may have been a costly shot but we took risks in the last 15 overs.

I did not hesitate. I tried to hit a six. I got out. That's cricket."