What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett signs four-year deal with Newcastle Knights

Good Luck to him, Man I really want Boyd to stay though, f**k the knights are going to be the new Real Madrid if they get Boyd, looks like they'll get Idris too f**k.....

Godz Illa

Coach
Yep, I can live with that. Don't mind the Knights as a club.

Makes the Darius situation very intriguing now. Wouldn't think they had any room for him. Hmmm

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Yep, I can live with that. Don't mind the Knights as a club.

As can I. Bennett is making a statement for the future and his personal vision for RL. Good on him.

Makes the Darius situation very intriguing now. Wouldn't think they had any room for him. Hmmm

They'll find room. Boyd will play for peanuts as long as its under Wayne.

Nev will be happy. I can only imagine how good Houston will be under him too.

Breathingfire

Juniors
I think this was the best case scenario for Dragons fans besides staying or retiring. We have a fair record against the Knights and have never really lost big games against them in the past. So hardly a bitter rivalry. It would hurt more if he went to a club like Souths who have already won a sh*t load of premierships. My dream is for the Dragons to pass Souths on overall premierships. We've already won more grand finals! Oh and the thought of Boyd running around in that stupid Rabbitohs jumper and Russell Crowe shinning Bennetts Knob all the time would have made me sick. I do think Boyd will go to Newcastle by the way.

saints4ever

First Grade
Newcastle will be getting Boyd, Snowden and Idris? Man salary cap be damned, this private ownership thing rocks

Minh

First Grade
I think the only chance of Boyd staying was if Bennett retired, he's odds on to follow Bennett now, good luck to Bennett.

Red_Vee

Juniors
Idris looks to be going to Titans.

Yep, that's confirmed, so it's likely Boyd will go to Knights. Snowden will have to take a pay cut to join Boyd there as Wayne doesn't pay overs for forwards. Ask Jason Ryles...

Gaba

First Grade
heard some rumours that boyd isnt that keen to live in newcastle.

we will see whats going to happen , and if those rumours have any fact in them

Newcastle will be getting Boyd, Snowden and Idris? Man salary cap be damned, this private ownership thing rocks

its pure genius ay.

imagine the business contacts you can acquire when your worth 900 million.

3rd partes and all that. coooool

Boyd will go to to the knights. loves bennett too much

Titans are signing idris to sell tickets.

Snowden. whatever. i knew he was gone the day we had to retract the press conference. good luck to him and his new house

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It's funny how the paper reported that Boyd is gone and Saints used the cash to
RE-SIGN Kyle and Coops.

When the Saints lose a great player we only get enough cash to RE-SIGN players. When other clubs like the DOGS lose a player, they have enough dough to buy 10 players.

If Boyd goes, surely Saints will have enough to buy a player or 2. Not that they need them but you would think they would have enough in the cap for a player.

I have a feeling Boyd may stay. His latest comment was that he loves playing at the Saints and you could see that on Sunday. He is all smiles. Other years he looks like a grouch.

Saints should move his Nan to Illawarra. His only real family. That might make him stay.

Bring back choc

Juniors
not sure the knights can afford Boyd without losing players. Wayne will clean a few out and bring a few in. Keep an eye on Bosden's contract situation.

STG 002

First Grade
the way he left the broncos seems to be far different in the way he is departing us. although people forget they only missed making the gf by a miracle play and dropped ball by ashton simms back in 2008 in the GF qualifying semi. melb went on to get done by manly but they still put in big time that year.
what i mean is in regards to poaching players, sure he took afew with him, and by 2013, he may take afew of our off contract players.
but i believe he has genuine respect for our club and players.
in wayne i still trust.

MattYg1

Bench
I remember reading when he was asked who he'd be taking with him he did say something along the lines of "i didnt come here to tear the club apart"

He will take players he feels will fit and will help him implement his systems in Newcastle but he wont be taking all of our talent...

Good luck to the Knights... i have absolutely no issue with them or their fans and im actually happy for them.

Personally I feel we are looking good in the years without Wayne to come... and i am absolutly cheering he isnt going to South Sydney...

Latest posts