What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett Talking Like A Complete Loser!

"It's ridiculous," he said. "I've seen what's happened with Buchanan and the agenda that was there. They've tried to do a job on him and he's retained his position. Eddie Jones has been in the same boat. He's retained his position. You've got to understand the business that we're in. We play sport and there are losers.

"Someone has to win and someone has to lose and Australia - regardless of whatever sport they're in - are not going to stay at the top of everything for the rest of our lives. So you better get used to it."

"Regardless of the outcome here, I wouldn't think that I'd be under any more pressure than what I have been at any other time of my life," Bennett said.

"If they [the ARL] are unhappy with what I'm doing, then they'll make a decision on that. But I'm not going to go through this tour and I'm not going to answer another question about whether I'm under some sort of pressure after one loss."

If I hear that out of a coach that has just lost for the first time ever in Sydney since 1959, with a squad that was supposed to lap his opposition.....then Im already looking for his replacement.

This is the same type of talk that GB and NZ have been doing for 20 years!

Thsi isnt just any other team. This isnt the bloody Broncos or the ****ing union side. This is the Australian Kangaroo's, Australia's most successful sporting team ever!

When the coach of the Kangaroo's says "Someone has to lose" that its for me. HUGE changes need made through the entire system in regards to the coach, who selects the coach, who selects the lineup....everything.

Azkatro

First Grade
You mob just don't understand down to earth sometimes do you. This is why Bennett hates talking to the media, they goad him into talking about things that haven't happened yet and now here they are saying HE'S forecasting losses. And you silly buggers fall for it all. Where in there is he saying he thinks we'll lose THIS Tri-Nations, or that he wants to lose? Idiot.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Are your standards high enough to give us a link to those quotes?

AuckMel

Bench
He's right though. You need to get used to losing, because it's going to happen a lot more.

Der Kaiser

Juniors
LF you are a complete Idiot.The media will twist words and use it out of context-and have been the victim of that myself.Mr Bennett is right in the overall picture as Australia will never be invincible forever and he is being reasonable as you have lost key players in Webcke, Fittler that cant be replaced at the moment and will lose Johns and a few others in a couple of years.New Zealand are getting more than a Usefull squad together.Its idiots like you that expect Mr Bennett to say that everything is OK and we will win no Probs-which then makes everybody call Aussies Arrogant and when they lose even harder for Bennett, Players and the Coaching Team to make amends.Try being realistic and understand how the media use words and people!

GAMEFIRST

Juniors
There is no doubt that Kiwis and Great Britain will defeat Australia more often as their player pool and own breeding competitions grow in quantity and quality- the Kiwis have some of the games most exciting players that are not even playing in this series while GB have a terrific competition with 6-7 strong clubs to draw upon unlike 6-7 years ago where only 3-4 clubs dominated-they have richer clubs like Warrington, Salford and Hull worrying the big four-Wigan,St Helens,Bradford &Leeds - i have't even thrown in London who have some class players and consolidated their future in that new region.

Bennett. although he seems very negative and defensive-he looks tired and needs a break, the basic facts are that we have 2 nations that give Australia decent games at last.

There will be more upsets in this incredible league season.

Der Kaiser said:
LF you are a complete Idiot.The media will twist words and use it out of context-and have been the victim of that myself.

I stopped reading there because I posted nothing but QUOTES. :roll:

bartman

Immortal
To see some of this style of arrogance disappear from certain of my fellow Australian supporters is almost enough to make me cheer for a repeat Kiwi victory. Almost... ;-)

There's a difference in being a supporter of a team and experiencing the highs and lows while always wishing for better, compared to just whinging like Australia's endless sporting superiority is entrenched in some United Nations Resolution that has just been breached. :lol:

"Huge changes need to be made through the entire system" just because of an answer a coach gives at some press conference? :roll: Wake up to yourself... Maybe the reason the Kiwi team spirit was so obviously better than ours last game is because NZ fans/media have shown a more humble attitude, and their team is more motivated to also win games for them?

If a professional footballer needs more motovation then the $200,000+ that gets deposited into their bank account over the course of a year then they need to be give the punt.

Mr Saab

Referee
LF you are a complete Tosser.
Wayne doesnt play games with the media...he told them he wont be answering anymore questions regarding his coaching future with OZ and why should he??????
The media are full of scum and Wayne has been around long enough not to continue to be baited by the press.

JJ

Immortal
AuckMel said:
He's right though. You need to get used to losing, because it's going to happen a lot more.

no sign of that really - we (NZ) tend to win one every 5 years... the Sydney thing has been made out to be a big deal, but it was when Lowe's team won at Lang Park too...

The Aussies will continue to dominate for the time being, GB and us will win an occasional game, but there remains a gap...

Misty Bee

First Grade
The media are full of scum and Wayne has been around long enough not to continue to be baited by the press

Interesting then that he is close mates with Lachlan Murdoch, and he was instrumental in siding with News Ltd to split the comp for his clubs purposes.

The media has a point this time, because Wayne Bennet hasn't picked a side without clogging it up with out of form over the hillmates in about 10 years.

So its the medias fault that Bennett said these things? :roll:

I didnt realise Bennett was connected to the Bulldogs. I wonder who''l be the first to blame Ray Hadley for what Bennett said and his p*ss poor attitude?

Mr Saab

Referee
nospam49&#8482 said:
So its the medias fault that Bennett said these things? :roll:

I didnt realise Bennett was connected to the Bulldogs. I wonder who''l be the first to blame Ray Hadley for what Bennett said and his p*ss poor attitude?

wayne was just being a realist.
Wayne also doesnt want to have to go thru the next 5 weeks having to answer stupid media quesitons every day. Unlike other coaches he nips things in the bud instead of having it drag on.
thus the likes of Kent, Ritchie and Hooper and create their little fantay stories without having any quotes from Wayne.
Wayne will be judged at the end of the tour....not after one test.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Wayne wouldn't get questioned by the media if he did his f**king job - select and coach the best team possible to represent Australia!

Latest posts